Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picked up my Cosmic White R Design D5 today!

Views : 3497

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 21:44   #1
mrlossyman

Default Picked up my Cosmic White R Design D5 today!

Got my D5 R design today and I'm really impressed so far. My Spec.

Cosmic White Manual D5
R Design Premium
Folding mirrors
20" wheels
Panoramic Roof
Keyless drive
Laminated glass
Active Bendy xenons
Child Pack
BLIS
Rear Park sensors and Camera
TV
Premium Sound
Subwoofer
Off black Beige
Auto sense wipers
Auto dip mirror
Grocery bag holder
Rear tints
Err think thats it.....

Besides a chaotic drive on the M25 back to Surrey (traffic) the car felt great, sound system sublime and a silky smooth gearbox. Few problems with my iphone and sensus which is mostly about navigating from single tracks up to top level menus (this didn't work). But this maybe down to user error. Voice interface, phone and nav worked well.

Tomorrow when i'm more awake I'll add more detail, but I love it so far. After 5 previous Audi's I wasn't expecting to be this surprised...
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 22:22   #2
simonjedrake
Premier Member

And this is only on day 1.......I reckon tomorrow your love affair will just get stronger!!
My recent acquisition had the same effect on me
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 10:41   #3
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
And this is only on day 1.......I reckon tomorrow your love affair will just get stronger!!
My recent acquisition had the same effect on me
You are right, the drive round the M25 was just great. I was in my own silent bubble listening to fabulous tunes from the sound system. It is a really good drive and a nice place to be. I've come from (my previous car) a 2011 audi S4 with lots of toys and the Volvo just feels that bit more special. I'm just more excited with the XC60, it's like a new adventure!

I just need to figure out how to get the rear wiper on, a few sensus issues and how to get the radio to turn off on it's own with keyless drive***

*** can anyone help on that one, I have to manually switch it off when I leave the car at present....
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 13:13   #4
scw

The radio/cd/usb/whatever should switch off a second or so after the driver's door is opened (with the ignition off).

The rear wiper switch is located on the tip of the wiper stalk (right hand).
scw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 13:19   #5
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post

I just need to figure out how to get the rear wiper on, a few sensus issues and how to get the radio to turn off on it's own with keyless drive***

*** can anyone help on that one, I have to manually switch it off when I leave the car at present....
The rear wiper is controlled by the Rocker Switch on the end of the Right hand wiper control stalk.
The radio will auto shut off a few seconds after you have OPENED the drivers door having already stopped the engine.

Have you got Adaptive Cruise Control with it's built in Queue Assist? I often come down to Oxshot (in your part of the world) on a Friday evening and as you know the M25 from the M40 to Leatherhead is often Stop-Start for miles. But with ACC/QA the whole experience of the M25 on a Friday evening is now so different.........!!!
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 13:59   #6
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
The rear wiper is controlled by the Rocker Switch on the end of the Right hand wiper control stalk.
The radio will auto shut off a few seconds after you have OPENED the drivers door having already stopped the engine.

Have you got Adaptive Cruise Control with it's built in Queue Assist? I often come down to Oxshot (in your part of the world) on a Friday evening and as you know the M25 from the M40 to Leatherhead is often Stop-Start for miles. But with ACC/QA the whole experience of the M25 on a Friday evening is now so different.........!!!
No, as I have the manual it was an option I omitted. I usually travel 9 to 8 in the mornings which isn't too bad. But you are so right that m40 leatherhead in both directions is always chocca!
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 22:15   #7
Mike 700
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Got my D5 R design today and I'm really impressed so far. My Spec.

Cosmic White Manual D5
R Design Premium
Folding mirrors
20" wheels
Panoramic Roof
Keyless drive
Laminated glass
Active Bendy xenons
Child Pack
BLIS
Rear Park sensors and Camera
TV
Premium Sound
Subwoofer
Off black Beige
Auto sense wipers
Auto dip mirror
Grocery bag holder
Rear tints
Err think thats it.....

Besides a chaotic drive on the M25 back to Surrey (traffic) the car felt great, sound system sublime and a silky smooth gearbox. Few problems with my iphone and sensus which is mostly about navigating from single tracks up to top level menus (this didn't work). But this maybe down to user error. Voice interface, phone and nav worked well.

Tomorrow when i'm more awake I'll add more detail, but I love it so far. After 5 previous Audi's I wasn't expecting to be this surprised...
Yeah 'snap' except for all the extras of course Cosmic is, well '''''' Cosmic '''''''''
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 22:27   #8
mrlossyman

[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
Yeah 'snap' except for all the extras of course Cosmic is, well '''''' Cosmic '''''''''
I'm loving the colour! It's the only car I've ever owned that's a different colour every day! And often different throughout the day!
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:34   #9
jvaule

Could you post some pictures of it..would be nice to have a look at it.
jvaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 21:52   #10
Mike 700
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaule View Post
Could you post some pictures of it..would be nice to have a look at it.

Here's a couple of mine to tide you over :-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00056-20110604-1627.jpg (319.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00057-20110604-1342.JPG (339.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00061-20110604-1629.JPG (318.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00060-20110604-1628.JPG (299.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00056-20110604-1341.JPG (298.4 KB, 100 views)
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: