Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Navteq update

Views : 6635

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:32   #31
woofer

Default Map updates - my observation

From my experience I noticed that:
1. Loading disc from battery not always work properly -
If you want to use battery:
- first start the engine with the open door
- insert the disc and wait till progress bar apear on the screen (should take 2-5 min)
- turn off the engine and continue upgrading with a battery charger connected (progress bar will be still visible)
2. You can use the phone via Bluetooth during upgrading - if you press EXIT on progress bar you can make/answer the call from your car as usually. It not disturbing the upgrading process. I checked this.
3. Sometimes it looks like the system has a problem with reading the disc, but if there is no message other then reading/installing - just forget about them till you get the message on the screen or progress bar.
4. You can check the disc in your computer DVD, if there is a problem with reading just use antyvirus scaner to check all discs. If there is a problem you get message "can't read file...."
5. If something gone wrong - read the message on the screen carefully, sometimes we skipp one word which is fundamental.

There is no best solution, but some steps have to be done.
Hope this help a little.
woofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 14:05   #32
JimmyTheLips

Apologies if this has been covered but....

AM going my first map update and it is proving somewhat slow... but from reading here it is as expected. So I have the first two discs loaded and was told that Nav was unavailable until the update had finished, well I think the first two discs loaded. On the second disc the timer got to 4 minutes and stayed that way for about 20 minutes and then came up saying the wrong disc was inserted, but at not point did it ask for the next disc. So I ejected disc 2 and out disc 3 in, at this point Navigation was no longer saying unavailable and is showing as if it is working which is confusing me. I look at the map version and it matches what I am loading and the map update section in the menus show disc 3 installing.

Is this correct?
Is nav available for use again after disc 2?
Does the latest update to the maps allow for you to disable the sound of custom POI's?
Have I done something wrong?
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 14:08   #33
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheLips View Post
Apologies if this has been covered but....

AM going my first map update and it is proving somewhat slow... but from reading here it is as expected. So I have the first two discs loaded and was told that Nav was unavailable until the update had finished, well I think the first two discs loaded. On the second disc the timer got to 4 minutes and stayed that way for about 20 minutes and then came up saying the wrong disc was inserted, but at not point did it ask for the next disc. So I ejected disc 2 and out disc 3 in, at this point Navigation was no longer saying unavailable and is showing as if it is working which is confusing me. I look at the map version and it matches what I am loading and the map update section in the menus show disc 3 installing.

Is this correct?
Is nav available for use again after disc 2?
Does the latest update to the maps allow for you to disable the sound of custom POI's?
Have I done something wrong?
Navigation is available again part way thru, cannot now remember when!
You need Sensus V3 upgrade for POI sounds to work correctly.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 02:22   #34
thehighams

Smile Volvo Maps

I just simply go to the UK Volvo Web site go to search maps, then use my 64gb USB and update the maps to that.then you can just go and follow what they say to do, by putting it in your USB slot and the car updates the new maps. UK & EU.
Xc60 2014 D4 AWD Geartronic
Kenneth
thehighams is offline   Reply With Quote