Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

About to order...

Views : 2710

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2016, 22:26   #1
GMTRB5

Default About to order...

Getting ready to place my order

Current spec that I'm thinking of is:

XC90 D5 PowerPulse R Design
Premium Metallic Bursting Blue
Nappa Soft Leather Perforated Contour Seats
R-Design Carbon Fibre Inlays
Winter Pack
Family Pack
Xenium Pack
BLIS cross traffic alert
Seven Seat Comfort Pack
230v 3 pin plug socket in centre console
Heated Rear Seats
Apple CarPlay
Subwoofer

Anything I've missed?! Has anyone got the carbon fibre key fob? Is it worth paying for?

Can't wait but think I'm going to ask the dealer to aim for a September delivery to get it on a 66 plate...
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 22:32   #2
yeoman
Master Member

Mud flaps.

Are you getting the head up display with the winter pack.?
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 00:21   #3
thinkpad

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
Mud flaps.

Are you getting the head up display with the winter pack.?
Head Up Display cannot exist with Heated Windscreen.
Winter Pack contains Heated Windscreen and Winter Pack Plus HUD.
I wish I can have both items because HUD looks very nice however I like Heater screen a lot (not only in winter).
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:06   #4
Skep

Looks about right to me, only thing I missed was front sensors, now had some aftermarket ones fitted, but if they're available in a pack or as an extra now might be worth it. The bonnet looks a lot bigger than it actually is!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.7 KB, 11 views)
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:08   #5
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpad View Post
I wish I can have both items because HUD looks very nice however I like Heater screen a lot (not only in winter).
Drop heated screen in favour of HUD and get auxiliary heater. It's a different level of comfort having the car pre-conditioned in winter. Even if you don't pre-condition you get warm air within 30sec of starting the car (I once forgot to precondition on a frosty morning and all ice was off the screen in about 2-3min after starting the car). Without fuel heater it takes 5-10min before the engine warms up - people complain it takes ages as engine is very efficient. I used it since November and still put it on now in April on cold mornings (I am just outside London). It warms up the engine too so it runs smoother. This is one option that I absolutely must have now I tried it. Many people also can't stand heated screen because they find the little embedded wires intrusive.

Polestar is a must too.

These 3 things will add about 3k to your price but they are worth it. If over budget - drop HUD.
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:23   #6
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpad View Post
Just to clarify Winter Pack and Winter Pack Plus - I don't believe HUD is the difference.

HUD is available on both Winter Pack and Winter Pack Plus, in each case substituting the Heated Windscreen and increasing the price.

Winter Pack Plus is only available for Momentum and adds Active Bending Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology, which is a standard feature on R-Design and Inscription. I think the removal of this light tech from the Momentum is possibly a MY17 thing.

:wq
familymangreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:24   #7
familymangreg
Premier Member

Default HUD is brilliant

A note on HUD: We have this on our X5 and have ordered on XC90. When we were purchasing the X5 second hand we thought the HUD would just be a bit of a gimmick, but how wrong we were... within moments of using it, my wife was convinced she would order on any new car. Its not at all distracting, but puts key info right in your line of sight, brilliant. Others who have driven the X5 all say the same (and the X5 HUD isn't a patch on the Volvo one). Personal preference I know, but everyone who sees it thinks the same.

Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:33   #8
Carl Sberglager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Drop heated screen in favour of HUD and get auxiliary heater. It's a different level of comfort having the car pre-conditioned in winter. Even if you don't pre-condition you get warm air within 30sec of starting the car (I once forgot to precondition on a frosty morning and all ice was off the screen in about 2-3min after starting the car). Without fuel heater it takes 5-10min before the engine warms up - people complain it takes ages as engine is very efficient. I used it since November and still put it on now in April on cold mornings (I am just outside London). It warms up the engine too so it runs smoother. This is one option that I absolutely must have now I tried it. Many people also can't stand heated screen because they find the little embedded wires intrusive.

Polestar is a must too.

These 3 things will add about 3k to your price but they are worth it. If over budget - drop HUD.
Doesn't Polestar increase insurance premium by around 10%?
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:33   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
Looks about right to me, only thing I missed was front sensors, now had some aftermarket ones fitted, but if they're available in a pack or as an extra now might be worth it. The bonnet looks a lot bigger than it actually is!!
I believe these are included in the Xenium Pack, which includes:

- Parking Camera 360 Surround View
- Park Assist Pilot - Automatic Parallel and 90o Parking (includes Front and Rear Park Assist)

I don't believe they are available as an al a carte option, so must be in one of the above.

Old Apr 20th, 2016, 08:37   #10
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post

Polestar is a must too.

I would do the same.Also a lot of people on the swede speed forum have complained about the cross lines on the heated front windscreen.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote