Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Text messages

Views : 3046

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 18:46   #1
basoom

Default Text messages

Hi

I have been trying to sent/ received messages with no joy.
Updated my iPhone IOS and now it showing connected and gives you options to display (central display and driver display) however when I trig to send a message, it shows message for sent.. ( I don't have apply carplay)

Anyone manage to use this function?
Thanks

Basoom
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 21:24   #2
Carl Sberglager

Sensus doesn't support text messages on iOS via Bluetooth. My Windows phone works fine, but can only use Mrs S's iPhone via Car Play.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 07:32   #3
basoom

Thanks, this rests my mind and stop looking at the manual !!
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 08:03   #4
Skep

You may already know this but I didn't until yesterday - possibly a bit slow on the uptake!! With iPhone you can get received messages on the Sensus when they arrive and your driving and it will read them out for you so you don't have to look at anything. On your iPhone go to settings and Bluetooth and click on (i) next to My Volvo Car and slide show notifications to green and it should work! You still can not send via Sensus though!
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 08:34   #5
tem
Premier Member

With the Online Owners Manual, type "text", then select "settings for text messages", follow the instructions and you should at least be able to read them.

tem.
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 19:04   #6
Carl Sberglager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
You may already know this but I didn't until yesterday - possibly a bit slow on the uptake!! With iPhone you can get received messages on the Sensus when they arrive and your driving and it will read them out for you so you don't have to look at anything. On your iPhone go to settings and Bluetooth and click on (i) next to My Volvo Car and slide show notifications to green and it should work! You still can not send via Sensus though!
Thanks Skep, didn't know this, have just set it up (you need to disconnect and reconnect the phone, once you've selected show notifications) and now Mrs S can get text messages ok, as she doesn't plus in to Car Play that often.
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 19:20   #7
basoom

Thanks Skep
I tried it and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to basoom For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 19th, 2016, 20:27   #8
Considered1
Premier Member

You can just ask Siri to read out your last text message or send a text to whoever in your contacts.

Just briefly hold the home button and if your phone is set up to connect bluetooth to your car you should here it through the car speakers.

If you set it up and your iphone is charging you can shout "Hey Siri" rather than break the law and press the home button for a second or two. I keep mine on charge next to the cup holders in centre console and just shout "Hey Siri", she does a lot for me...

Can you tell I dont have any Staff!?

best regards
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote