Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Must be silly season M800GUL T-5R on Autotrader for £25000

Views : 5735

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2021, 10:20   #61
280E

Beauty is, as always, in the eye of the beholder - but I really don't 'get' that colour at all

To me, it just looks like it's faded badly in the sun!
280E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 280E For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2021, 14:29   #62
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4johnny View Post
Fair comment
This car has had all remedial welding done inc some other areas that had been damaged by incorrect jacking points being used......Professional job carried out, Total cost £3600 for that,i have the receipt.....i have another receipt for full engine rebuild 20k miles ago...handbooks,service books,Pirelli p-zero all round...2 large folders with details/receipts dating back to 1998.....i bought the car. John
Good to know that someone loved it enough to do it properly and save it from the T-5R graveyard. Well done for buying it and hope you have many happy miles and years of use.

John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnM 855 T5R For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2021, 14:44   #63
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280E View Post
Beauty is, as always, in the eye of the beholder - but I really don't 'get' that colour at all

To me, it just looks like it's faded badly in the sun!
For sure, Gul isn't everybody's cup of tea. But it commands the prices due, I suspect, partly because it was a signature colour and differentiated it from all other 850's as black and olive were freely available on all 850 models. Also, it has a certain "outrageousness" for a Volvo. Oh, and I love it.

For my part, there are a lot of colours I don't particularly care for on the 850/V70 ranges, black, red, olive green and dark blue. On the other hand, I think Saffron Pearl and that electric blue colour (Laser Blue?) were stunning. Clearly I must like "shouty" colours even though I'm a boring old pensioner!

John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnM 855 T5R For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2021, 18:11   #64
andrewc1267
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Beat me to it

Yes I saw this one too, dismissed it when it was on eBay due to the mismatched colour of the front bumper! In hindsight should have bought it and spent the money on a bumper respray

Sad thing is this plus the Kent car are setting the bar artificially high for these Gul estates. Great if you own one, not so for those that are looking to buy
I hoping that an R in any form weather it be an 850 V70 or S70R will go up in value these cars are terrible on fuel and costly to maintain and are becoming rare I think its about time people are seeing the real value of these cars I mean look at seirra cosworths they demand a small fortune in all models
andrewc1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 16:44   #65
Acme

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4johnny View Post
Fair comment
This car has had all remedial welding done inc some other areas that had been damaged by incorrect jacking points being used......Professional job carried out, Total cost £3600 for that,i have the receipt.....i have another receipt for full engine rebuild 20k miles ago...handbooks,service books,Pirelli p-zero all round...2 large folders with details/receipts dating back to 1998.....i bought the car.

John
Where in Essex are you based bud? Did you take this car to the recent Suffolk Volvo Club meet? Saw a Gul in the crowd on the new FB banner for the page.
Acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 19:50   #66
t4johnny

Default Gul

Hi
I am based in Colchester and yes i went to the meet at Lookers,Volvo main dealer last Sunday
t4johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 11:59   #67
Chris P Duck

Default M800gul

Hi all. Newbie and first time poster here.

Thought I’d let you know I bought M800GUL from a classic car auction this week. Haven’t got the car yet!

Went to the auction viewing day with a couple of friends, as it’s a nice way to spend a couple of hours if you’re a car guy. Had no intention of bidding on anything. Then I saw M800GUL.

Anyway, it’s not perfect, but started instantly and sounded very quiet and smooth and generally looks very good condish for a 29 year old car with 144k miles. I made the mistake of not trying all the electric bits and pieces, air con etc, so I’ve got my fingers crossed there are not too many gremlins lurking. Like many people on here, I’d have preferred a standard car, but I guess it’s a rare car and you can only buy what’s on offer.

Have to say, bidding online in real time as the clock counts down is one of the more stressful things I’ve done. Anyway, I was lucky enough to win the auction. Needless to say I haven’t paid £25k for it (actually paid half that including the auction fees).

Last mot has 3 advisories which I’ll take a look at, plus a tiny bit of rust on the tailgate, a couple of chips and think about what to d with the paint. Might need a pro polish or some correction.

Anyway, wish me luck.
Chris P Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 15:13   #68
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sa...pageSize%3DAll

This one:~
Looks good.
Bob.
Bob Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 15:25   #69
Chris P Duck

Hi Bob. Yes that’s the one.

Bit of an impulse buy as you can probably tell. I’ll pick it up next week.
Chris P Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris P Duck For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 15:36   #70
baggy798
🤍💙💗

Does the winter/econ/sport button do anything? That would be cool if it's wired up to select different maps.