Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Door control module

Views : 1317

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2014, 21:35   #1
Volvoornot

Default Door control module

After losing all power to passenger side doors, windows, and mirror, I took V50 to Volvo main dealer. They ran diagnostic which revealed I need a new Passenger front door control module. Big problem - Door locked shut so I need to get the inner door panel removed before even getting to the module. If it goes in the workshop and they need to damage the panel to get to module, (as they were unable to open the door at all), total cost around £1000 !! Any experience of such a dilemma or advice on tacking the job myself. Do I source another used door, or try to removed just the internal panel, which would involve working in a very confided space?
Many thank
Volvoornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 22:03   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

It is worth giving the wires a good wiggle that connect the door. It may be a connection problem as opposed to the module itself.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 22:07   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoornot View Post
After losing all power to passenger side doors, windows, and mirror, I took V50 to Volvo main dealer. They ran diagnostic which revealed I need a new Passenger front door control module. Big problem - Door locked shut so I need to get the inner door panel removed before even getting to the module. If it goes in the workshop and they need to damage the panel to get to module, (as they were unable to open the door at all), total cost around £1000 !! Any experience of such a dilemma or advice on tacking the job myself. Do I source another used door, or try to removed just the internal panel, which would involve working in a very confided space?
Many thank
if yours is a 2006 0r 2007 ask the dealer if the car is subject to the door wiring plug modification and if it has been done or not . 90% chance it is this . The modules are very reliable so far . Sometimes you can get it working by just waiting for the humidity to dry . or give the door a sharp blow with the hand near the middle between the two hinges .
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 13:17   #4
iainmd

Also try pulling the fuse for the door electronics from the fusebox under the glovebox and put it back in. One of my rear doors stopped responding a while ago and a fuse pull and replace reset it and it has worked fine ever since.

You'll find the fuse number in the handbook.

Worth a try and also free.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iainmd For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 31st, 2020, 11:54   #5
TankDoor

Default Suffering the same

I’m currently suffering the same problem.
I’ve tried all the easy fixes but to no avail.
The garage just said I need to get a new control module from eBay.
No idea what the part number is though.
Any ideas?
I’ve got 2004 V50.

Thanks
TankDoor is offline   Reply With Quote