Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Volvo Car Press Releases

Notices

Volvo Car Press Releases A selection of press releases from The Volvo Car Corporation

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First photos of the Volvo S60 Concept. Preview of the next s

Views : 5316

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 15:03   #21
GMcL
0's and 1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Ah, but what about the turning circle
I've got used to it now though an improvement would be appreciated.
My first port of call when viewing this car will be to see if I can change a headlight bulb without skinning my knuckles or having to remove half the plastic content of the engine bay or, do I still have to pay the dealer to do it.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 23:45   #22
br850

Default Volvo styling

Maybe I drink too much but has anyone else noticed the similarities between the new shape v70 front end and Jaguar's XF saloon? What are the odds on the v70 appearing with Jag badges as an XF estate?
Well it would have if Ford had still been involved at Jaguar.
Maybe if Ford would sell Volvo off then Volvo would be able to style its own cars rather than what appears to be happening now. To my eyes at least Volvo seems to be picking up the crumbs of Ford's corporate styling output and as such are bland and derivative. S40 is Focus's plain cousin who never goes out. S80 is Mondeo's favourite aunt.
br850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 16:25   #23
grainqey
Master Member

i dont think the new s40 looks bad at all, a big improvement on the old shape! just needs the s60 to go somewhere between the s40 and s60 and actually look like a coupe with some decent styling which at the moment doesnt look like it'll happen
grainqey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 04:57   #24
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

A few of you guys may have seen this already but the local dealer linked me to a few probable production pictures of the new S60;

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...volvo-s60.html

Very interesting comments below!!

Personally, I can't stand the dramatic character lines new car manufactures are creating. The angle on some of them just looks hideous. A pet hate of mine with this new styling is the rear door handles sitting waaay higher than the front.

The back end of the new S60 looks nice but the front? I just can't take it seriously!!
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 20:27   #25
Alpha206
S60 Reg Keeper (Retired)

Personally, I rather like it....pity they didn't keep the rear doors from the concept though..

MY05 S60 2.0T SE...no more
MY16 V60 T6 Polestar
MY71 H.S.121-3B-101

http://www.savethetrident.co.uk/

Campaign to save G-ARPO, the last surviving Trident 1C
Alpha206 is offline   Reply With Quote