Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Volvo Car Press Releases

Notices

Volvo Car Press Releases A selection of press releases from The Volvo Car Corporation

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Cars 90 Series cars receive updates.

Views : 3772

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 11:00   #1
Bob
Club Director

Default Volvo Cars 90 Series cars receive updates.

Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, has announced several important updates to its 90 series cars, delivering new safety, powertrain and connectivity updates. The Swedish carmaker’s smartphone integration offer, which already includes Apple CarPlay, will now come with Android Auto functionality in Volvo’s large driver interface.

Click here to read the full report
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 13:16   #2
TimS

If only they'll release a petrol-powered model for the UK. Not the T8, but something more reasonable in price. The T5 in Sweden looks priced at a little over the D4 price. I'm in two minds whether to buy a UK V90, & a big part of the hesitation is because I don't want another diesel (low-ish milage private buyer). I'd probably buy the T5 straight away if it was available here.

Even more so with the current news of diesel bans in cities being announced.
TimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 00:20   #3
I-S
Premier Member

And strangely they offer the T5 in the XC60 here...
I-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 13:44   #4
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

my understanding is that the petrol models (T6 and T8) will follow next year. Though based on XC90 pricing, at a (further) premium.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 00:01   #5
Chris Wickers
Director

Default V and S90

Paul,

Which one will you be buying?

Kind regards

Chris
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 11:18   #6
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default V90.

Had a V90 on two week loan from Volvo, very impressed - didn't expect to be so.

Car went back yesterday.

Jon.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 19:25   #7
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wickers View Post
Paul,

Which one will you be buying?

Kind regards

Chris
I drove a D4, but will need to test the D5 before deciding (expect the D5 will win). Then, I'll just need the money ...
Old Jan 12th, 2017, 00:12   #8
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Even more so with the current news of diesel bans in cities being announced.
This is being incorrectly reported in most of the media. Just a hyped up scare story. There are no bans on newer diesels and the proposals to ban both petrol and diesel cars has not been met with approval by Governments, being described as "utter nonsense".

Quote:
Khan has announced a new £10 Toxicity Charge for the city, which targets pre-Euro 4 vehicles - mostly cars registered before 2005.
Quote:
Paris and other French cities brought in alternate driving days to tackle a pollution spikes earlier this year, but Hidalgo said she wants a complete ban on the dirtiest vehicles at such times.

Paris will ban cars registered before 1997 from the city between 8am and 8pm on weekdays, but classic cars registered 30 years or more ago will be allowed to drive.

The rule is set to be enforced from July 1, and is expected to affect around 10% of cars in the city.

How are other cities tackling harmful pollution from cars?

According to French media reports, these restrictions will become progressively tighter over the rest of this decade until 2020, when the only private vehicles allowed to drive in central Paris will be cars registered after 2011 and motorcycles registered after July 2015.
90% of London buses and most taxies are diesel and all lorries as well so society would collapse in the event of such a ban.

You should do some research before promoting such a scare story.

Roy

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Jan 12th, 2017 at 00:15.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 14:23   #9
TimS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
You should do some research before promoting such a scare story.

Roy
Assuming this is directed at me, then I'm sorry if you interpreted my comments as promoting a scare story. We'll have to differ in our opinions: personally, I don't want another diesel, and therefore ruled out replacing my diesel V70 for a diesel V90. You may be perfectly happy buying diesels in the current climate, and your usage profile may make them appropriate.

However I can't see the tax regime changing in diesel's favour.
TimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 22:20   #10
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Assuming this is directed at me, then I'm sorry if you interpreted my comments as promoting a scare story. We'll have to differ in our opinions: personally, I don't want another diesel, and therefore ruled out replacing my diesel V70 for a diesel V90. You may be perfectly happy buying diesels in the current climate, and your usage profile may make them appropriate.

However I can't see the tax regime changing in diesel's favour.
Interestingly I saw some research on 18 cars, petrol and diesel in real world tests and unfortunately the company did not name the cars they tested but the results were that the best diesel was better than the best petrol, but that the cars they tested varied wildly and all the worst cars were small cheaper ones. They concluded that small cars either because of size for equipment or cost constraints were the most polluting. The company was preparing tests for the forthcoming real world pollution testing that will take over from the static test.

Roy