Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

B18/20 oil gauge fitments

Views : 268

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 17:08   #1
morwenna240

Default B18/20 oil gauge fitments

Hallo people.

Can anyone tell me what thread is on the oil pressure sensor ( very inconveniently mounted under the manifolds, behind the dynamo!) is? I want to fit an oil pressure gauge to my pv , having suffered a blown rear crank seal, oil dump, trashed big ends. The oil light on dash isn’t over visible. . .
Also, who stocks the other bits, pipe, olives, union nuts.
I have seen on eBay Y junctions, enabling one to keep warning light.

Cheers, Mark.
morwenna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 18:58   #2
Rustinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by morwenna240 View Post
Hallo people.

Can anyone tell me what thread is on the oil pressure sensor ( very inconveniently mounted under the manifolds, behind the dynamo!) is? I want to fit an oil pressure gauge to my pv , having suffered a blown rear crank seal, oil dump, trashed big ends. The oil light on dash isn’t over visible. . .
Also, who stocks the other bits, pipe, olives, union nuts.
I have seen on eBay Y junctions, enabling one to keep warning light.

Cheers, Mark.
I believe it’s 1/8 npt
Rustinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustinmotion For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 09:42   #3
Volvo_133
VOC member

I also believe it to be 1/8 th. I bought a used Smiths gauge complete with pipe, fittings and a chrome mounting. £20 on the bay. I found new fibre washers too on the bay. I located it below the heater controls. The gear lever just misses it when selecting first. I left the wire for the oil light disconnected. If required everything can be put back to standard. Buy one which illuminates as not all of them do. Very simple to wire illumination on the gauge from the heater control lamp.
Volvo_133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 17:05   #4
morwenna240

Hi 133. Yes, it is all straight forward. I have now found all relevant bits on bay. Had already fitted three instruments, tacho, ammeter an an illuminated Smiths oil gauge. I put in three earths from bulkhead, one for each instrument. Just waiting for bits to come. Am also fitting a decent size Lucas warning lamp for oil, as standard PV dash one is kinda small, not easily noticeable on bright summer day. Not going to have any more blown big ends!
morwenna240 is offline   Reply With Quote