Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 standard

Views : 661

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 21:57   #1
2003bhoy

Default V70 standard

I've just acquired an 08 V70 SE Lux. and was quite surprised at a few differences from my 03 S60. There is no foot rest for the left foot, which I used regularly on long motorway drives. I have also discovered that the centre of the rear seats does not have the pull down cushioned leather armrest, although the panel does fold down. I thought that these simple things would be standard throughout the higher spec ranges but are they actually regarded as options?

Another query I have is would it be possible to upgrade the audio system to incorporate the mobile phone system option or is this cost prohibitive?
2003bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 09:22   #2
harryd

Default V70 Standard

Yeah, despite being a higher spec, the standard seems to have changed from what we could expect.
As for the phone upgrade, forget it, it's major trauma then a software download. Best to buy one that's factory fitted as the price difference is not as high as any retrofit work, HOWEVER, you can fit a Parrot, which although needs some centre console removal work and an extension loom for the Parrot wiring, works a real treat.
You need to source an ignition switched 12v+ though but the aux power socket to the rear of the centre console helps here.
I have a 58 SE Lux and fitted a Parrot CK3100 plus the extension loom (can get away without the extension at a pinch, but I hate tight wires).
Extension from Just Car Kits (Slough) and many others, Parrot from Halfords etc or again via Just Car Kits who I have used for years even though I am in Bathgate.
Mine's a Manual so centre console moving about was easy, may be a bit more limited if you have an auto, but otherwise fit would be the same.
harryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 10:11   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003bhoy View Post
I've just acquired an 08 V70 SE Lux. and was quite surprised at a few differences from my 03 S60. There is no foot rest for the left foot, which I used regularly on long motorway drives. I have also discovered that the centre of the rear seats does not have the pull down cushioned leather armrest, although the panel does fold down. I thought that these simple things would be standard throughout the higher spec ranges but are they actually regarded as options?

Another query I have is would it be possible to upgrade the audio system to incorporate the mobile phone system option or is this cost prohibitive?
The vew V70 is a ford copy of the old V70 it is still familiar to the old v70 owner but everything is different , the old v70 has much better quality components , it would cost £45000 to build a V70 now the quality of the old one .

Volvo do this very good handsfree kit it is completely voice activated and works well , someone to talk to on a long journey :-)

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...ent/VCC-450275
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 10:45   #4
harryd

Default V70 Standard (Hands free)

Yup, that's true, looked at that Volvo hands free but it was at least twice the price of the Parrot albeit that it was fitted for that cost I think (needed a download too). I also had the Parrot already anyway so the cost was reduced even further having had it fitted in my 56my XC70 and before that my 2004MY V70, each with various adaptors etc to the loom.
The picture is out of date though, but in either case, the Volvo version is without a screen whereas the Parrot has one.
Remember though, that even with a hands free fitted, if you use the phone, including picking it up to see who's calling (no screen on hands free) that you commit an offence if the vehicle is being driven at the time.
Of course, you can leave the phone in a position that you can see it's screen though.
Lots of folk get caught out by thinking simply because they are not speaking into the phone handset that they are ok, but handling it is enough.
harryd is offline   Reply With Quote