Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

140/164 Series General Forum for the Volvo 140 and 164 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

165 wagon

Views : 66607

Replies : 115

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 23:09   #91
lotsofmagnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7s7s7s7s7s7s View Post

And yes, its in Australia as well.
heino bought this car did he not?

btw sad to say that after nobody expressed any interest in TAKING my volvo parts everything went to the tip - M410, volvo express roof, 140 gt grille (new) 140 and 164 panels straight and without rust and so much more that i will never be able to get again sucks living 17,000km away.
lotsofmagnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 23:21   #92
lotsofmagnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredrikNyblad View Post
Yes! That´s what I thought when I first saw the car! Actually those instruments are called rallye instruments in Sweden, but the one´s that my car has is Jaeger instruments, which is more rare!
John: Yes we are documenting my project, but moust of it is published in the magazine Klassiker. I have made several films, not just the one that I posted a link to above. Here´s a link to the first film, where I buy the car and recap it´s history (in swedish unfortenately):

http://www.klassiker.nu/video/video-...volvo-165-1606

Here is film where we start the car for the first time in 20 years:

http://www.klassiker.nu/video/video-...volvo-165-1707

And finally, here´s a film about the body of the car:

http://www.klassiker.nu/video/projek...stlagning-2079

But if you are interested in the phenomenon 165 and are Facebook users, I can recommend a page I have created. Just pop in "Volvo 165" in the search area! To this date moust text is in swedish, but just ask me a question and I will reply in english. There are pictures there of several 165:s and I regularely post updates on my project.

regards

Fredrik
i saw a brochure years ago advertising these gauges. jaeger also made them for the amazons and i´ve seen a couple kicking around. certainly not genuine or volvo endorsed (they had their own for the 140/164) but a nice little oddity. i´d be curious to know what the chassis number on your 165 is to know what base platform they used to start with for example jj´s was built by volvo australia from unassembled kits of a 164 and a 145 and that´s how they were able to give it a genuine 165 chassis number (and it doesn´t get any more spectacular than chassis number 000001)
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:31   #93
s7s7s7s7s7s7s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofmagnets View Post
heino bought this car did he not?

btw sad to say that after nobody expressed any interest in TAKING my volvo parts everything went to the tip - M410, volvo express roof, 140 gt grille (new) 140 and 164 panels straight and without rust and so much more that i will never be able to get again sucks living 17,000km away.
I don't know who 'Heino' is.
I just found this car on photobucket.
s7s7s7s7s7s7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 09:56   #94
lotsofmagnets

heino is (or was) the head of the volvo club of victoria (my info if from around 2008) and like jj (saintjohn) he´s been collecting the oddities
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 17:06   #95
hinterland

Here is a photo of a Volvo 165 long wheel base wagon, one could go so far as calling it a 165 Transfer.
It was supposed to have been produced by Volvo in Sweden at one of its plants for one of the then presidents of Volvo.
This photo looks like it was taken in Germany, but I am not exactly sure of the circumstances regarding this car. Maybe it is all a story.
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 19:54   #96
FredrikNyblad

Finally we are assembling my Volvo 165! (that was built by the swedish coachbuilder Yngve Nilssons Karosserifabrik - later on known for building Volvolimousines for regime in East Germany) If you don´t mind that we are talking like the Swedish chef in the Muppet show I can recommend this film that I´ve made about the assemby of the car:

http://www.klassiker.nu/video/projek...montering-2773

To: Lotsofmagnets, I´m sorry. I have to get back to you about the chassis number. I don´t have the information where I am currently.
To: SaintJohn - Don´t get me started about sandblasting. We have had a lot of trouble because the young man who did the sandblasting blasted away to much... I had to change a lot of parts - doors, bonnet - because of the sandblasting more than the rust problem.
To Hinterland: Yes, unfortenately, as far as I know that story about the 164 Transfer is not correct.
FredrikNyblad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FredrikNyblad For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 21:40   #97
FredrikNyblad

And here´s a few pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-16 21.34.54.jpg (218.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-17 12.15.08.jpg (195.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-17 12.15.24.jpg (318.6 KB, 34 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredrikNyblad For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:07   #98
saintjohn
saintjohn

Default volvo 165 update

Hi Fredrick good to see its all coming together. Mines still awaiting a spot in the paint shop at the moment, but hopefully it will happen soon regards john
saintjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 12:17   #99
FredrikNyblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjohn View Post
Hi Fredrick good to see its all coming together. Mines still awaiting a spot in the paint shop at the moment, but hopefully it will happen soon regards john
A world apart, and still these two renovations are pretty much at the same stages. After these pictures and film where made we had to get the car back to the paintshop to sort out some problems.
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:37   #100
saintjohn
saintjohn

Default On a sad note

With regret l have to inform the Volvo world of the passing of John Ousey of a suspected heart attack.
He was the gentleman who oversaw Volvo Australia in the early years as a compliance engineer and in turn set up the 165 project with the MD of the time.
His health has had issues over the past years and we were lucky to have him as a guest speaker at one of our club nights.
Condolences to his family and friends. John Johnson
saintjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saintjohn For This Useful Post: