Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Most beautiful car ever made?

Views : 5166

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:30   #51
cywprof

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE-MAL View Post
I do have to agree with Don on this. Don't get me wrong, all the cars mentioned are lookers, espically the Amazon, P1800, Veyron and all Aston Martins. Dare I say it, even the Lagonda.

Go on, kick my.....

I personally prefer modern cars, and think the S60 is one of the best looking cars around today.

If I had the cash and space, I would have many, many cars. Most of which would be modern. But even modern cars become classic. All cars were modern once.

One I would have to own would be, (please don't laugh) a Deloren DMC 1.
And before you beat me down and take the pi55, as cr4p as it was, it had links with Volvo.

I'd love one.

With or without the flux capacitor

Attachment 9519
Not laughing. There are usually a couple of DeLorean's for sale @ my favorite haunt,
RM Classic & Collector Car Auction in Toronto (April & October). I really like these "Back-to-the-Future", cars too. They have the same V6 as my Volvo 262C. In fact I even thought of trying to get a DeLorean Manual on eBay so that I could help my mechanic figure out my Drouvin (Peugeot/Renault/Volvo) engine.
cywprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:34   #52
cywprof

Cool who wouldn't

Classics all!
regards,
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:38   #53
cywprof

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Man View Post
Surely it has to be a toss up between the Citroen DS21 and the Aston Martin DB4GT (not the Zagato - that comes 3rd.....)
How goes the sale of the 262C?
Good luck. I get a lot of interest with mine, but not ready to sell yet!
Still gives me pleasure, just sitting in the driveway. Still a joy to drive, floats & is surprisingly fast for such a big vehicle.
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:42   #54
cywprof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkı View Post
In my mind, the most beautiful car ever, ever, ever, is the '59 Cadillac Eldorado.

If I had a choice, I'd go for an ex-Ambulance or ex-Hearse conversion (Ghostbusters), personally.
See those big Caddies every once in awhile here in Ontario, on the road (on the way to car shows maybe) and on the auction block. Greatb ride!
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:46   #55
cywprof

Cool been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov25 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! hard to define between beauty, character and 'greatness'

I love some of the old 60's muscle cars and the styling on older Japanese classics like the AE86 and MK1 MR2. I also have a secret penchant for classic Landrovers. beautiful? probably not but i do like them

The pics i attached in my last post are probably boyhood poster material and cars i could only ever dream about driving let alone owning

A P1800 at least is within financial reach for most, and few would ever argue that its lines are difficult to look at! I'd quite happily own one.
The P1800 really has lasting power. Had one, been there, and regret selling it. Fond memories. Regretfully only took a few photos. In spite of quirks it makes my short list of best rides ever!
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:48   #56
cywprof

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdee View Post
Just an observation, but I'd say the P1800 is the most beautiful saloon car ever made. Nicer than the Mk 2 Jag, the type 1 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, the DB5. HOWEVER!!!!! I think the 1800ES is actually even better looking, especially with a nice set of wheels on it. Am I sick? If I win the lottery I'm going to buy a stack of classic cars, but pride of place is going to go to a mint 1800ES.
m.d.
You started a good discussion here.
Interesting thread, needs to be checked regularly! Which is good!
Good stuff!
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 15:49   #57
FIREBOLT
Master Member

I'll take a 32 Ford, especially this one!

I love the look of the 58 Plymouth Fury! Shame they wrecked like 15+ of them making Christine

FIREBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 16:00   #58
cywprof

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus222 View Post
Not sure if I require psychiatric help but I'd love to build a Lada Riva estate in gloss black, slammed, with big rims and a hot V6 under the lid. Or perhaps I should finish all the other projects first! Hey ho. Must plant another money tree.
Unique choice! Whatever turns your crank! Why not?

I too was attracted to a Lada but resisted. Always wondered if it was a mistake. I was a high mileage driver @ the time & didn't want to risk it on my 850 km one way rides across the Province of Ontario from the Michigan border (Port Huron) to the Quebec Border @ Ottawa. Did that trip most every weekend for 14 years.

What did stand out was a 35 car pile up that I walked away from. I was driving an 1989 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4X4 @ the time. Was hit 3 times in the rear & 3 times in the front. My rear mounted spare helped. Vehicle limped home. Insurance company wrote it off much to my dismay. My back still gives me pain. Not sure that the Lada I was considering would have performed as well. Will never know!
regards,
Bill
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 17:05   #59
St Pain
700 series Fan

What about the Armstrong Siddley Sapphire. That was classic luxury and distinctive too. A marque which seems to be forgotten nowdays. At least you didn't have to be tailgating the vehicle in front to find out what it was because the all look so similiar!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Armsid.jpg (24.9 KB, 2 views)
St Pain is offline   Reply With Quote