Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sub woofer crossovers

Views : 273

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2024, 19:54   #1
VOLVWALL

Default Sub woofer crossovers

I've been looking on the web for an answer to this for a while. Plenty of rear speaker threads, but non actually suggest where the connection for the convertible rear seat sub woofers crossovers are you be found. I know all the wiring for the speakers, switch and cd changer were all installed at build, irrespective of the spec you bought at the time. I've found all the pre wired connections except for the sub woofer crossovers, which are alluding me! I have had all the boot liners out when I connected the cd changer so I know they are not in yne boot. I'd expected them to be behind the seat back structure somewhere near the actual sub locations, but no joy. Can anyone who he's done this let me know where else to look?
VOLVWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 22:37   #2
Luxobarge
Premier Member

What year car do you have?
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 07:48   #3
VOLVWALL

It's 2004
The Following User Says Thank You to VOLVWALL For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 12:18   #4
ITSv40
VOC Member

I cannot answer your question from personal experience - never having had the need to rummage in the back of the seats. However, looking on VIDA the exploded parts diagram lists two crossovers and shows them mounted on the back panel alongside and inboard of the two speakers. The illustration of the crossover shows a short cable with, what looks like a two pin connector on the end.

The wiring loom for them must be in that general location, hth.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 13:16   #5
VOLVWALL

Thumbs up

Thanks ITSv40, I have the crossovers and have seen a similar diagram at my local dealer. The Xovers have a white 4 or 6 pin (female)connector on them, so as with the other bits I've connected , like the subs then selves and the 6cd changer, I was looking for the "spare" blanked off (male) cable end that I'd assumed would plug into the Xovers in, as you suggest, the approx area of the diagram.
Hence my post, thre does not appear to be anything that obvious in that area.
I'll have to keep looking.
Thanks for your input anyway.
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 18:59   #6
ITSv40
VOC Member

Not sure if this helps. At least it confirms the crossover is near the sub.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esmY0B-UwXs
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 07:35   #7
VOLVWALL

Thanks for the video link. Based on that and some extra research, looks like I've a/ got the wrong crossovers and b/ been looking for the wrong connector to plug them into. In my search in the back of the car I'd seen a grey connector that looked like it had a wire looped back on itself as if it was completing a circuit. By the connector in the video and a couple of parts on line with the same part number, the connector on those is the same shape and colour, so I'll buy those and see if I can sell the ones I have.
Thanks.