Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Articles

Notices

200 Series Articles How to's and Guides for the 200 series.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Replacing Fuel filter

Views : 3103

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 29th, 2010, 15:29   #1
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

Default Replacing Fuel filter

Replaced my fuel filter today & took a few pics along the way. I hope you find them of use.

Old (Bosch) filter in situ & new Mann filter ready to go. The bosch one was there on purchased in 2003 :shock: Over 50k miles with me, who knows how many before :?

You need to release pressure in the fuel system. Pull fuse #6, then run engine till it stops. Finally remove fuel filler cap. If the fuel pump fuse is showing signs of overheating, now is a good time to replace it!

Disconnect -ve terminal of battery!

Disconnect output side of fuel filter (can do input first, this is just the routine I used). Note using an adjustable spanner on the filter to allow the 17mm on the nut to be used with a bit of force.

Then disconnect the 15mm connector on the brass elbow joint on the input side. This is a bit fiddly due to the bonnet hinges & spring being 'in the way'.

Next undo the 10mm nut on the fuel filter holding bracket. This has a captive nut by the way.

You can now remove the filter, although you may need to spin it free from the output pipes thread. Some fuel will no doubt spill out.

Next you need to remove the brass elbow joint from the input end of the filter. I did this on my bench.

New filter with the elbow screwed in ready to be mounted.

New filter in place.

Refit (new) fuse #6

Re-connect battery

Start engine, which may take longer than normal to allow fuel to get through new filter & thoroughly check for signs of leaks!
Hopefully all will be well
If I've missed anything, please feel free to add info'

Edit Link to original post.
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Feb 26th, 2011 at 19:19. Reason: Link back to original thread added
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paul240480 For This Useful Post: