Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Advanced/Performance Driving Courses?

Views : 2972

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4th, 2021, 21:48   #15
MikeGMT
VOC Member

A very enlightening resume ilmiont, and I applaud your attitude and commitment to improving your driving. You have covered all the bases there with your aspirations and where you want to go, also the general consensus of the wider driving public towards advanced driving, especially the younger generation. A lot of drivers aspire to own something fast and sporty, granted they can drive, but I always feel they are missing out so much by not taking any further tuition, especially the keener types who cherish their cars and spend a lot of money on modifications.

I always find it quite enlightening when I coach some of the younger drivers when we have stopped for a refreshment break after a few hours driving. Asking them how they think it’s going and they invariably say things like ‘I never knew you could do that’ or ‘that made a massive difference, I could really feel the car respond’. Even down to the way they change gears.

With regard to reading material, definitely get Roadcraft, that is the Bible for advanced driving. Find a coach who can help you apply the principles and you will be well on the way.

If you don’t mind travelling for some tuition Reg Local would be well worth contacting, thats his ’nom de plume’. Class 1 Roads Policing Officer and Police Driving Instructor recently taken early retirement. He has a web site and some excellent YouTube videos covering all the aspects.

http://www.reglocal.com
http://www.reglocal.com/my-videos/

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Mike