Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just took delivery of my MY24 XC60 Ultimate Black Edition

Views : 1295

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2024, 13:01   #1
Franko1960

Default Just took delivery of my MY24 XC60 Ultimate Black Edition

Just got my new XC60. Beautiful car, drives really well.
AAOS takes a bit of getting used to compared to Sensus.

A few gripes though.

1. You cannot permanently turn off lane assist. You have to disable it every time you start the car.

2. You cannot disable speed assist alarm?

3. You cannot enable auto handbrake when you press park unless you have auto hold on?

4. I cannot seem to be able to change the scale on Google Maps?

Am I correct?

Last edited by Franko1960; Apr 5th, 2024 at 13:09.
Franko1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 18:11   #2
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

1 & 2 are correct - new legislation means they have to be on, will be on all cars from July - no avoiding it, the speed sign bongs are very handy will save points on the licence.

3 Turn the car off when in D or R and the handbrake will come on, if on Auto Hold wont come on when parked on the flat, if on an incline will come on.

4. You can zoom in and out with the +- on the screen or use your fingers to pinch or unpinch for the same, maps now have 3D buildings or Satellite view as well.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 08:49   #3
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftgrub100 View Post
1 & 2 are correct - new legislation means they have to be on, will be on all cars from July - no avoiding it, the speed sign bongs are very handy will save points on the licence.

3 Turn the car off when in D or R and the handbrake will come on, if on Auto Hold wont come on when parked on the flat, if on an incline will come on.

4. You can zoom in and out with the +- on the screen or use your fingers to pinch or unpinch for the same, maps now have 3D buildings or Satellite view as well.
WTF…. There is no eco or sport mode anymore. Just comfort or off road mode. What the hell are Volvo doing to these cars. Feel like handing it back.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 11:58   #4
OldEngineer

These were all known issues on this site
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 16:23   #5
MG14

Quote:
WTF…. There is no eco or sport mode anymore. Just comfort or off road mode. What the hell are Volvo doing to these cars. Feel like handing it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
These were all known issues on this site
Exactly that. I’ve had car with drive modes in the past and after a bit of playing for the novelty value, I always settled on the normal mode. I expect that Volvo’s consumer surveys confirmed this, so why bother spending money on providing it?
The Following User Says Thank You to MG14 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 20:29   #6
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
Exactly that. I’ve had car with drive modes in the past and after a bit of playing for the novelty value, I always settled on the normal mode. I expect that Volvo’s consumer surveys confirmed this, so why bother spending money on providing it?
Is it really a material cost saving putting less functionality on a touch screen menu and sub menu?

Overall I have no problem with a google system but it seems some of the stuff I use on the Volvo system is gone or hard to find so why upgrade? Add to that the uncertainty about the timing of the BEV shift, the unattractiveness (to me) of the Volvo plug in tech, the fact that the XC90 is really old and, finally, the massive price rises that the inability to put a few options on a Core tries to force onto you then I’m happy with my current car. Anyway I don’t want 21” wheels on a car I use mostly on rural roads.
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 20:38   #7
MG14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
Is it really a material cost saving putting less functionality on a touch screen menu and sub menu?
100%, yes
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 20:48   #8
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
100%, yes
Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse. Anyway has been a material factor in me not buying another Volvo as I drive mine in Individual mode with suspension in the firm setting and everything else in Comfort. Not possible on the google cars. Shame as my XC90 is brilliant.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 14:22   #9
Franko1960

Quote:
Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse. Anyway has been a material factor in me not buying another Volvo as I drive mine in Individual mode with suspension in the firm setting and everything else in Comfort. Not possible on the google cars. Shame as my XC90 is brilliant.
Think this looks brilliant

XC60 2.jpg
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 17:27   #10
Hadajag

Quote:
As I have often underlined the withdrawal of these drive mode etc. features is nothing to do with the introduction of Google AAOS. It is just coincidental that Volvo chose to withdraw these features at the same time.

Last edited by Hadajag; Apr 8th, 2024 at 19:05.
Hadajag is offline   Reply With Quote