Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Reduced Engine Performance under hard acceleration 2011 T5

Views : 321

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2024, 08:36   #1
Belatu

Default Reduced Engine Performance under hard acceleration 2011 T5

I took delivery of a 2011 S60 T5 on Saturday with just over 130,000 km on it, overall the car drives well, and has great performance, however when driving at highway speeds and stepping on the gas the cars throws a "Reduced Engine Performance" Warning on the DIM as soon as the RPM goes above 4000, and the engine stutters a little.

Letting up on the gas immediately resolves this and the car drives fine otherwise.

before I took delivery the car was thoroughly inspected, and some work was done including replacing the Powershift Gearbox Sealing Cover and a fix to a cracked rubber pipe into the Turbo.

Any Idea what to look out for, I'll probably take it to a local indy to look at soon, but would like to have an idea of what might be causing it.

Last edited by Belatu; Apr 15th, 2024 at 08:40.
Belatu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 10:41   #2
Belatu

I had the fault codes read, the technician thinks it's probably a stuck EGR.

2024-04-17-09-43-39-617.jpg
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 13:11   #3
Spike56
Master Member

Before you go technical...... I purchased an 11reg S60 from a "prestigious" dealer. 2 days later on the way back from Gatwick with family in the car and there was a pop and up came the same message. Drove home and took it to Volvo. The so called prestigious garage, who serviced and MOT 'd the vehicle pre delivery, put a ford filter into the car. Volvo said that it was bound to fail and looked used in any case! Check the easy stuff first!
Good luck!.
Spike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike56 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 13:50   #4
Belatu

Thanks Spike,

Yeah, first thing I'm doing is adding some Fuel System Cleaner and giving her a good run, all indications are that the previous owner really babied the car so there is likely some carbon buildup.

I'll check the filter as well, one never knows. If after a week, half a tank or so with the Fuel Cleaner and a nice longish solid drive it doesn't clear up, I'll clean out the EGR.

Only after that I thin will I start getting more technical.
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 19:39   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatu View Post
I had the fault codes read, the technician thinks it's probably a stuck EGR.

Attachment 154168
dont read codes off the initial state tab rescan and read off the delivery tab delete all codes rescan and see what returns on the delivery tab
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 16:57   #6
Belatu

So still diagnosing the issue, taking the Volvo Indy again tomorrow to read the codes again and then perhaps investigate further.

I plugged in a Bluetooth ODB Reader I had lying around that worked well on my Jag and used Torque Pro to record some data to see if anything stands out.

the readings I configured were Vacuum Boost and Intake Pressure, these seemed to be the only readings available related to the turbo that I could see.

Vacuum Boost ranged from -24 PSI to 13 PSI
Intake Pressure varied from about 2 PSI up to 27 PSI

Last edited by Belatu; Apr 24th, 2024 at 19:19.