Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What have you got?

Views : 633

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 22:11   #1
Wooffy
Growing old disgracefully

Default What have you got?

Looking for something to play with instead of rebuilding my house as DIY is starting to get on my mammaries.

Ok what am I after specifically? Any T5, T5r (850 or V70) 850r etc. It must be an estate and manual NO autos as I intend running quite a few more ponies through it and have no wish to keep replacing slush boxes (plus my audi is an auto and that's about as interesting to drive as a soggy kipper). If it's black, white, silver or any other dark colour all the better but beggars can’t be choosers these days. I’m not bothered about any mechanical problems and to be honest that makes it more entertaining and I’d prefer it as lets face it good runners cost more and within a reasonable distance from the Wirral (Merseyside). Oh before I forget, cheap as chips is the motto here so what have you got lying around??
Wooffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 22:16   #2
HULK
850 T-5 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooffy View Post
Looking for something to play with instead of rebuilding my house as DIY is starting to get on my mammaries.

Ok what am I after specifically? Any T5, T5r (850 or V70) 850r etc. It must be an estate and manual NO autos as I intend running quite a few more ponies through it and have no wish to keep replacing slush boxes (plus my audi is an auto and that's about as interesting to drive as a soggy kipper). If it's black, white, silver or any other dark colour all the better but beggars can’t be choosers these days. I’m not bothered about any mechanical problems and to be honest that makes it more entertaining and I’d prefer it as lets face it good runners cost more and within a reasonable distance from the Wirral (Merseyside). Oh before I forget, cheap as chips is the motto here so what have you got lying around??
well out of the 850,S the T-5R and the 850R,s are the top of the range but if you are looking to find a manual one of these cheap then you may be out of luck as they are well sort after cars in manual.

if you are not realy bothered about interior or looks like low bumpers and wheels then you can make a normal t-5 as fast as one of those with a remap butwill need to put better suspension on the normal t-5 if you wish to kick it in to the corners.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 22:59   #3
Wooffy

That's why I am looking for one with problems. Head gasket failure, cambelt snapped non starters, electrical problems etc.
I like the look of the R models over the standard stuff so would prefer an R if I can get hold of one but seeing as it won't remain standard once I get hold of something it doesn't matter apart from aesthetics.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 18:05   #4
Hallsy

Leosr was selling an 850 T5-R (iirc) with a dodgy auto box, was going pretty cheap. Not sure if he still has it, but could be crying out for a manual conversion?
Hallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 20:17   #5
Wooffy

It would be perfect but the distance is the problem