Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picking up new XC90 today

Views : 2923

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:19   #1
BFC001

Default Picking up new XC90 today

Hi, Newbie to this site and also Volvo.

Have bought a 07 XC90 D5 185 SE, due to collect later today.

Managed to get £4250 off list price. Car is brand new 07 model.

Should I be aware of anything after collection i.e do you need to run in engine etc.

Previously had an Audi Allroad, great car, but Q7 replacement a little naff looking (my opinion).

Options taken probably after reading these posts a bad choice are;

RTI Sat Nav and comms pack, GSM phone.
Winter pack
Running boards
tinted windows.

Will comment further once received

thanks
BFC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:23   #2
BFC001

Default DVD Headrest screens

Hi
Would like dvd screens in headrests, but too pricey.

Does anyone know of a company that could fit screens into my headrests.

I have acces to the full setup, i.e dvd changer and 2 headrest screens from an 05 XC90 for £500.

I would like to know if these can be fitted into my 2007 XC90 headrests as I believe the headrests have changed on the 07 model.
I note some companies sell standard headrests with screens allready installed, but obviously would like to retain the Volco headrests.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 12:06   #3
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Just to think that you could have got a further discount from Volvo UK had you been a VOC member...
Best £25 you could ever spend..

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your time here, enjoy that nice new XC90 too..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 15:25   #4
playpen

Sorry can't help you on the DVD question.

That seems a pretty good discount, was that thru haggling with Volvo dealer or did you source the car somewhere else ?

Looking to buy similar in next few months.
playpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 19:58   #5
Patrick lince

That seems an excellent discount from a main dealer. I have been looking around most of the brokers websites and have seen approx £5,500 off a D5 SE Geartronic and a D5 SE Lux Geartronic ( www.drivethedeal.co.uk )but my local dealership simply will not even try to compete when I quoted these figures to them.

I was actually told (quite sniffily in fact) that these sorts of figures where simply fantasy. I suggested we access the website together but the smug git declined that one!

I have made a decision to try another couple of dealerships as there is still a little bit of reservation in ordering from a broker over the net that concerns me.

Anyone with any experience of Drive the deal or similar brokers?
Patrick lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 09:03   #6
jampott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick lince View Post
That seems an excellent discount from a main dealer. I have been looking around most of the brokers websites and have seen approx £5,500 off a D5 SE Geartronic and a D5 SE Lux Geartronic ( www.drivethedeal.co.uk )but my local dealership simply will not even try to compete when I quoted these figures to them.

I was actually told (quite sniffily in fact) that these sorts of figures where simply fantasy. I suggested we access the website together but the smug git declined that one!

I have made a decision to try another couple of dealerships as there is still a little bit of reservation in ordering from a broker over the net that concerns me.

I ordered my last car through a broker (an Audi S4) and it has sparked a very good relationship with that dealer, who although isn't my closest by some margin, and is about an hour away, since won the business for my girlfriend's A4 cab, and secured the order for my impending R8...

I used broker4cars (if memory serves) for the S4 originally, but when looking at the A4 Cab, I showed him the "drivethedeal" figures and we did something along those lines. No discount on the R8 unfortunately...

The figures on drivethedeal are certainly NOT fantasy. There will be a dealer, somewhere in the country, who is happy to deal higher volume at lower margin, or who has a bonus reliant on selling so many cars.

It is the drivethedeal figures that I've been looking at when speccing up my impending XC90 purchase, and I'll happily use them. You pay the dealer, rather than the broker, and their cut isn't paid by you either...

If you're at all hesitant, just phone a few more dealers, give them the spec you are looking to buy, and the price you've been quoted, and ask if they want to match it. If they press you "where", just tell them it is another UK main dealer. They'll instantly know if there's margin for them to sell at that price. If they don't need the car (for a bonus) or they're already quite busy that month, they won't offer to match it. But a dealer, somewhere, will sell you the car for that price, and as you get it trailered to your house anyway, it doesn't really matter that they aren't local.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 10:45   #7
perussell

Take a look at the What Car pricing tables and specifically the column "Target price".
What Car state that if your dealer will not match this price you should call them and they will put you in touch with a dealer who will provide a car at that price. Currently the magazine suggest a discount of in the region of £2500 is realistically achievable.
perussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 14:44   #8
BFC001

Default Collexted XC90

Hi
collected XC90 friday.

I initially got an emailed quote from Broom Broom who advised me that I would ultimately be paying a volvo dealer the money but that they are the agent...

Decided to go direct to Volvo garages, as i felt happier for after sales issues etc.
Dove Volvo in Gatwick managed to source the car, and actually beat Broom Broom by £240, but only if I got volvo finance. Didn't want to get hp from volvo so I went to Volvo in colindale after emailing the quote on. They managed to match the price without having to get finance.

I them did the same to Pilling Volvo in Hemel Hempstead who could only get within £1500 of the broom broom price.

I therefore bought from Colindale (Adam McDowall).

Car cost £35,310 which is 2.4D se with winter pack and full comms pack, i.e sat nav and gsm phone.

The only way they matched was because i had a quote.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 14:52   #9
keefrto1
VOC member in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick lince View Post

We went with dealdrivers, we were going to buy from drive the deal, but dealdrivers offered a better deal, in the end. Got a ford galaxy new one. Excellent service, and will buy again if need be using them.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 16:01   #10
jampott

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefrto1 View Post
We went with dealdrivers, we were going to buy from drive the deal, but dealdrivers offered a better deal, in the end. Got a ford galaxy new one. Excellent service, and will buy again if need be using them.
Thanks for the heads-up - I've asked them to quote me for the XC90 I'm after... we'll see if they're cheaper than DrivetheDeal.