Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2010 C30 2.0D 4th annual service - what's due

Views : 639

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 15:04   #1
losboz

Default 2010 C30 2.0D 4th annual service - what's due

Just purchased a March 2010 C30 SE Lux 2.0D with 36K on the clock. Service book has 3 stamps but the service book makes no mention of whats due each service !

Apart from the obvious oil and filters can anybody enlighten me as to what's due on its 4th annual service ?

Last edited by losboz; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 15:21.
losboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 16:21   #2
julianps
Master Member

Follow this link, select your region, model and model year and you'll be able to see what the services are, what they cost and what's included.
julianps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julianps For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 17:18   #3
losboz

Excellent, thanks Julian

That looks to be a generic list of serviceable items whatever mileage you put in. Only thing that changes are the stealer service quotes !

Last edited by losboz; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 17:49.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:02   #4
julianps
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losboz View Post
Excellent, thanks Julian

That looks to be a generic list of serviceable items whatever mileage you put in. Only thing that changes are the stealer service quotes !
Used to be the case there was a rigid schedule of years/miles and the service was done based on what came first. Now some items have moved to being milage based (spark plugs?) to lower the overhead of a standard service and to allow owners to do other items themselves without violating FVSH status on their car.

Note as well that Volvo service schedule as set out there is for full services ... once a car passes four years most dealers offer (but few shout about) Essential Service, a stripped down schedule designed to cover the basics but cut the cost (see here for details). They also do a Free Safety Inspection (only free once per vehicle per owner, £60 otherwise) which is a great peace of mind deal if you just bought a used car and you're not sure about how well it's been look after (more here).

Not sure how easy any of these is to get from a Ford, or Renault, main-stealer?
julianps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 17:52   #5
losboz

Cheers for update, I will put it to the wife but I suspect we will use our local garage as a 40+ mile round trip to our nearest Volvo stealer is a bit much for what is essentially just an oil change

I have done a visual inspection up on ramps and all looks good so I am looking at some quality oil, filters and fuel filter drain for starters

Not bought a vehicle before where the service booklet doesn't have a schedule of serviceable items and intervals ! Looks like I will have to continue to search for info on DPF, spark plugs and timing belt intervals

Last edited by losboz; Apr 23rd, 2014 at 17:55.