Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PHEV Increased range

Views : 19208

Replies : 115

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:32   #71
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Don't think the Residuals are set right for the new variants yet. Will take a little while for the systems to catch up.
As above

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:32   #72
Maccaboy10

Just had my dealer confirm I will need to cancel and reorder if I want the new drivetrain, with an additional cost of £2500+…. because I lose my Volvo loyalty discount (so not wanting to receive a ‘new’ car that is immediately out of date means I’m no longer loyal?).
Not sure what to do, my wife wants me to just cancel the order but I would lose my deposit by the looks of it, and I was excited about moving to a PHEV.
Volvo have made a mess of this model year, why launch a new drivetrain just weeks after the facelift models arrive.. either they didn’t have drivetrain ready in time or they’re looking to push their subscription model where customers can swap and change with ongoing updates similar to phones etc. - that’s gonna make in harder for dealers to sell cars, as customers are going to lose confidence in their purchase.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:33   #73
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Or they have a build slot to fill.
Doubtful as we can't order cars for stock and only for new customer sold orders

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:34   #74
theronin

Quote:
Indeed, they are not correct at present as the new future values have not been confirmed for the higher power variants
Thought that was the case I've had 2 dealers tell me otherwise 😂😂
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:37   #75
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccaboy10 View Post
Just had my dealer confirm I will need to cancel and reorder if I want the new drivetrain, with an additional cost of £2500+…. because I lose my Volvo loyalty discount (so not wanting to receive a ‘new’ car that is immediately out of date means I’m no longer loyal?).
Not sure what to do, my wife wants me to just cancel the order but I would lose my deposit by the looks of it, and I was excited about moving to a PHEV.
Volvo have made a mess of this model year, why launch a new drivetrain just weeks after the facelift models arrive.. either they didn’t have drivetrain ready in time or they’re looking to push their subscription model where customers can swap and change with ongoing updates similar to phones etc. - that’s gonna make in harder for dealers to sell cars, as customers are going to lose confidence in their purchase.
Unfortunately the loyalty discount has been removed by Volvo (the dealers have no control over this) and is done on the date the car was marked sold - if you cancel your existing order and re-order the new variant then its classed as a fresh order at the factory and hence the mark up date won't tally to the loyalty discount timings - you could ask your dealer to get in touch with Volvo, explain the situation and see if they'll honour the Loyalty discount on the revised engine, but I'm not sure if they will or not....

You'll not (or at least shouldn't....) lose your deposit if you decide to cancel - will very much depend on the dealership themselves, but legally they shouldn't keep it, especially under the circumstances....

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:38   #76
theronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccaboy10 View Post
I was pretty much told the same, I don't think it's a case of losing any loyalty discount more the fact Volvo changed the incentives for the period. I have ended up cancelling my order.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:41   #77
theronin

Quote:
Doubtful as we can't order cars for stock and only for new customer sold orders
When I placed my original order I was told I was getting a build slot the dealer already had which meant a quicker delivery. If it had been a fresh order I would actually probably be getting the updated battery/engine due to the waiting time.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:45   #78
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
When I placed my original order I was told I was getting a build slot the dealer already had which meant a quicker delivery. If it had been a fresh order I would actually probably be getting the updated battery/engine due to the waiting time.
Hi,

This used to be the case, yes, but with the ongoing issues Volvo have stopped us from placing stock orders (since 10th Sept)

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 11:59   #79
Automatic Only

Quote:
I think these figures are wrong in carwow. The GFV was around 25k for the T8 XC60 it's now 17K.
I can't see the residuals of a diesel being better than a PHEV with the way the world is going. Doesn't make any sense.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 17:42   #80
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
I can't see the residuals of a diesel being better than a PHEV with the way the world is going. Doesn't make any sense.
Indeed, especially one with almost 50miles range.