Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 New Order

Views : 6119

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2021, 19:35   #21
Dohnut

Finally received the amended order today. Only taken my dealer the best part of a week and a few chasers to email it to me!

Also, a screen-shot image of what I’m told is the factory confirmation, although their is nothing to associate the provided image to me/my order or where it came from but I guess it’s something.

So fingers crossed I will be getting the car I originally specc’d and want. Phew!!!

Dealer also mentioned that the trimming of models and engine choices post 1st Nov is purely down to chip shortages and Volvo managing its inventory.
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 21:13   #22
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop north View Post
Interesting - quite close to ordering one myself (T8) and it will be pine grey if I do. Not seen one in the metal but it looks the best colour by a long way. Shame you are making it less exclusive though
Colours are very subjective, and it would be a boring world if we all liked the same, but you've both made a great choice on Pine Grey. We had a MY17 XC90 Inscription in Osmium, very nice. After just under 5 years I found a perfect replacement, a fully loaded XC90 R-Design Pro ex-management car. My only reservation was Pine Grey, it wouldn't have been a colour I'd have picked if buying brand new again...

When we picked the car up I quite liked it, and now I love it. If I were ordering new right now I'd certainly choose it. I haven't seen many around, but interestingly it works a lot less in Inscription trim, in my mind the chrome doesn't work well with Pine Grey, but the contrast of the black trim on R-Design works really well. We also have side steps, again an option I wouldn't have ordered from new, but again, think they look great now I've got them.

:wq
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_7296 2.jpeg (348.0 KB, 86 views)
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 21:46   #23
Dohnut

Yours looks awesome fam, especially with the blonde and I know what you mean about the contrast with the black trim on R-Design… it shouldn’t work but it just does.

Nice to see the green shining through on a somewhat cloudy day too. I’ve only seen Pine in a showroom on a very sunny day. Looked great though.

Just wish Volvo did the side steps in black. Would’ve probably gone for them myself then.

Last edited by Dohnut; Nov 9th, 2021 at 21:49.
Dohnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 20:52   #24
Oop north

Ordered mine today as a subscription (inscription phev). Credit control doing their thing at the moment so not confirmed yet. Pine grey
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 21:35   #25
Dohnut

Good work and great colour choice, North!

I’m not familiar with the subscription service. Will it come from stock or is it built to order? Been given any indication on delivery?
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 13:26   #26
Terra1

We have a pine grey one too. Again, not the colour I would have chosen but it was available at the time. Much nicer in the flesh but rarely see the green tinge to it, a good thing imo.
Terra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 23:41   #27
Oop north

Dohnut - built to order (for new, longer range model), 4-5 months to delivery but that might not actually work out / isn’t guaranteed. You can get them from stock but need to leap on one when it appears - I don’t want one yet anyway. Need for start of May or not too long thereafter (I could survive without for a bit - could use the Polo for a while anyway as the children will still be at uni then. And going from 60bhp to 450bhp will be more amusing)
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 00:22   #28
Dohnut

I’ve been told similar re delivery so hoping it’ll be here around March time. If it turns up earlier I’ll wait for the reg change. If it takes longer, I fine with that too.

Gives me plenty of time to source mud-flaps and rubber mats.
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 11:13   #29
pagan8c
Master Member

My last XC90 was Pine grey and it is a really nice colour that many people admired. It polished up nicely and seemed to stay clean looking. When I returned it to the garage after getting the new XC60 it sold within 3 days.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 15:37   #30
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
My last XC90 was Pine grey and it is a really nice colour that many people admired. It polished up nicely and seemed to stay clean looking. When I returned it to the garage after getting the new XC60 it sold within 3 days.
Talking of cleaning… I love looking after my cars but even I’m a bit apprehensive when I think about how long it’s going to take me to clean the XC90. Think I might have to invest in a small stepladder.