Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Tow Bar, seat cover and boot liner recommendations

Views : 718

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:38   #1
tidyrob69

Default XC60 Tow Bar, seat cover and boot liner recommendations

Hi

We have purchased a 2014 XC60 2WD and having used the car for week now, I am now pleased we went with the Volvo over the Ford Edge and VW Tiguans we drove.

There's a few little things i need for it, a tow bar, a boot liner and half decent rear seat cover.

Has anyone had any experience of these and can recommend where to get them from?

Last edited by tidyrob69; Sep 17th, 2021 at 08:44.
tidyrob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 08:55   #2
glynh

tow bar - Probably any localish decent installers will suffice or ask your local dealer who fits theirs as they may use someone local if not an OEM supplied one.

boot liner - no idea but dont buy 'generic', but as its a 2012 you may be able to buy a 'used' one for cheap if you dont mind it not being new.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 09:35   #3
Whyman
Premier Member

Make sure you get the genuine Volvo electrics to make use of the full functionality.

You will need a softwares update at a Volvo dealer.

Generic systems can be more expensive and will not give you full systems, mainly the integration into the DSTC system to prevent snaking and the full lights check on start up.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 09:48   #4
Easington
Master Member

I would suggest a Witter towbar but with genuine Volvo electrics - best of both worlds as the Witter looks neater when removed (assuming you're getting a removable one)
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 09:48   #5
Deck1ng
Master Member

As said above,
I believe it’s important to buy the Volvo wiring kit and get Volvo to do an update so things work correctly, Volvo tow bars are expensive so buy local after market.
Boot liner, I purchased one from EBay for around £10. Comes rolled up, 24 hours to flatten itself out and good to go, does what it says on the tin, but have seen full sets available too as secondhand.
Set covers, I’ve struggled with good neat looking covers. Still haven’t found anything that floats my boat.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 17:31   #6
tidyrob69

Thanks for quick replies, greatly appreciated.

The Witter Towbar below is £290 without electrics so i will probably go for this one and will get our local dealer in Gerrards Cross to fit the electric module when it goes in for a service next month.

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towb...IwMTIgLSAyMDE3

And this seat cover looks good, seats can be split lowered without taking the cover off.

https://www.overthetop.co.uk/volvo-x...yABEgLn5PD_BwE

There's a few boot liners on ebay so i'll just grab one of them.
tidyrob69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, tow bar, towbar, xc60