Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Alarm module search.

Views : 511

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 19:47   #1
Brooke

Default Alarm module search.

Please, does anyone know the location of the Alarm module in a UK 1978 Volvo V70? Following advice from America, I've looked under the driver's side front wing, behind the trim on the driver's side, and behind the glove box; no joy!
Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 11:58   #2
upv5
VOC Member

I assume you meant 98 V70, on my 99 V70 the module that includes the siren and rechargeable batteries is mounted under the drivers side front wing. I folded back the wheel arch liner, which involves drilling out some rivets, and it can be seen up towards the front of the car.

John

2000 V70R AWD - SWMBO 2017 XC60 D5 AWD --- Previous - 2009 V50 D5 SE LUX - 2000 V40 SE 2.0 - 1986 760 GLE 2.8
upv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to upv5 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 13:35   #3
PNuT
MaDMaN

The alarm module & siren are two different things.

The alarm/central locking module is accessed via the drivers footwell behind the dashboard between the steering column and bonnet release lever.

The siren should be near the washer bottle in the drivers wheel arch
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 23:00   #4
Brooke

Thank you! I've found a strange box, well concealed, under the driver's side front wing; to be followed up! There's a fine array of white boxes under the driver's trim, and finding which one is faulty would turn my hair grey, if I had any!
Brooke
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 20:22   #5
Brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by upv5 View Post
I assume you meant 98 V70, on my 99 V70 the module that includes the siren and rechargeable batteries is mounted under the drivers side front wing. I folded back the wheel arch liner, which involves drilling out some rivets, and it can be seen up towards the front of the car.

John
Too true; I did mean 1998! I have found the device, though it didn't look like the only photograph I've seen... I hope replacing the battery will cure a curious fault; if I have to remove the other box, beside the steering column, I doubt if the eighty-eight-year-old knees will stand it! Thank you again.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 20:28   #6
Brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
The alarm module & siren are two different things.

The alarm/central locking module is accessed via the drivers footwell behind the dashboard between the steering column and bonnet release lever.

The siren should be near the washer bottle in the drivers wheel arch
Thank you again! Both parts now found. I hope the battery is under the front wing, too; if I have to get at the white box beside the steering column, I doubt if the eighty-eight-year-old knees will stand it! Brooke
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 20:45   #7
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

This link may help:~

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...49#post2582749

Battery pack shown is from a '97- V70
Bob.
Bob Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 12:38   #8
sdg1970
Master Member

I'll continue this thread rather than starting afresh. My one working fob has just died and it's not the battery - it could be the electronics in the fob, but I don't use it much and when I got the car 4 years back it was virtually unused (the spare fob, not the car, lol). Is this likely to be the central locking module by the steering column and if so what normally goes wrong with them??
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote