Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

P245600 DPF advise seeking.

Views : 850

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2021, 21:21   #1
andybaz

Default P245600 DPF advise seeking.

Hi all, i have a number of fault codes on my V50 or shoudl say my dads, try to help resolve.

Managed to get a plug in code read : codes stored then deleted so i can start fresh rather than look at something thats not there etc.

P245600 - dpf
P042F00 - egr
P228D00 - fuel pressure
P02CD00 & P02D100 injectors.

the read was from a AUTEL machine - havent done a regen yet - we used the programme - "check the DPF condition for soot" - ran the process and said no action required as it ran through 4 different stages.

We looked at live data - and the data showed only 3grams of soot in the dpf etc.

Goint to try and get another read tomorrow as my dad just messaged to say the light is back on with a dashboard sign saying reduced power, so going to try and have the laon again of the autel.

Just wandering if any one has any views & thoughts ?

I have the readings aswell of the dpf test which said no action nessecary if anyone wants to see etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (112.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by andybaz; Sep 1st, 2021 at 21:31.
andybaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 20:54   #2
andybaz

**UPDATE**
Volvo want £86+vat for a new DFP PRESSURE SENSOR - not sure wether thats a retail joe public price or trade price to me as being in the trade.

Motor factors - RAWLINGS didnt list ... so it onto EUROCAR PARTS - they offered 2 options:

INTERMOTOR (trade to me £46inc vat) or another pattern part at £84 which would be a no brainer as i would rather pay the 86 and fit dealer etc - so we opted for INTERMOTOR.

SO with new part and youtube for some help with location under bonnet - sensor found and jus like the images on the net - the wiring loom is damaged = RESULT - a issue found:

Previoulsy someone had repaired a yellow/purple wire by adding a section of wire in.
Another wire clearly shows where a probe has been and exposed copper wiring which is nor GREEN
The BROWN wire - seen in this image - well the copper strands are not connected - the flex is the only thing holding it together ...

Will update with findings as we go .... saturday we are striping the plug to make servicable ... more images will follow ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210902_184052.jpg (98.3 KB, 15 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to andybaz For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 13:08   #3
andybaz

Default plug repair update - pleased with repair

Well - we cut the plug off, striped it right down & soldered fresh wire to terminals and rebuilt ... well pleased with result.

The loom repair unit then soldered/heatshrunk fitted to car.

Test is a long run to cornwall in next couple days and then do the DPF condition check again and see what happens - but this seems to currently have cured our issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v2.jpg (23.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg v4 (2).jpg (39.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg v5.jpg (23.1 KB, 11 views)
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 16:15   #4
Moomoo
VOC Member

Had all sorts of problems with this ! Readings for all manner of grief.

Before you spend a fortune , like I did , CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER!

You may be surprised!
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 18:41   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybaz View Post
**UPDATE**
Volvo want £86+vat for a new DFP PRESSURE SENSOR - not sure wether thats a retail joe public price or trade price to me as being in the trade.

Motor factors - RAWLINGS didnt list ... so it onto EUROCAR PARTS - they offered 2 options:

INTERMOTOR (trade to me £46inc vat) or another pattern part at £84 which would be a no brainer as i would rather pay the 86 and fit dealer etc - so we opted for INTERMOTOR.

SO with new part and youtube for some help with location under bonnet - sensor found and jus like the images on the net - the wiring loom is damaged = RESULT - a issue found:

Previoulsy someone had repaired a yellow/purple wire by adding a section of wire in.
Another wire clearly shows where a probe has been and exposed copper wiring which is nor GREEN
The BROWN wire - seen in this image - well the copper strands are not connected - the flex is the only thing holding it together ...

Will update with findings as we go .... saturday we are striping the plug to make servicable ... more images will follow ...
broken wires on dpf sensor is a common fault .genuine volvo sensor is a ford part with a volvo box and sticker . iv never had any sucess with cheap dpf sensors . buy cheap but twice . ask me how i know
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 15:54   #6
Mrscubatank

Hi, what's the update, is it still work as it should..?
Mrscubatank is offline   Reply With Quote