Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1974 145DL Estate breaking (Buckinghamshire)

Views : 11813

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2020, 23:27   #1
The2ndMouse

Default 1974 145DL Estate breaking (Buckinghamshire)

Hello all,
Just joined, in the hope that someone out there would be interested in parts from my dad's old 145DL estate which is breaking apart all by itself...

It is in a very poor state, genuinely not saveable as a whole. Most panels are rusted through and front suspension collapsed - its been left uncovered outside for around 25 years.

However, some bits of interior, instruments, glazing and stainless trim, light lenses, wheels etc may be of use to someone. The interior is the lovely brown vinyl, which I imagine could survive a nuclear apocalypse. It hasn't seen direct sunlight in decades. It has the rear-facing pop up seats. Engine will likely be seized solid, but gearbox and transmission may still be ok. Its 4 spd manual, I don't think it had overdrive.

I don't have any meaningful photos at the moment as it is still buried under ivy and leaves... but you all know what a 145 estate looks like, just imagine a really rotten green one. It's going to be dragged out in the next few weeks and sent off for scrap, but it would be really nice if at least a few bits can live on.

It's located in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire (HP27). If you would like more info, please don't hesitate to ask... essentially, if you want anything, and you're prepared to come and get it, it's yours.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
The2ndMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 00:30   #2
svenvolvo

Default Drivers door window quarter light

Hi Tom,
Do you have the drivers door quarter light window still intact and how is the drivers brown vinyl seat condition?Your welcome to contact me on
07716235350 Thanks Keith.
svenvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 14:33   #3
145estate
145estate

Hi Tom, I may be interested in the interior if its the correct coloured brown..Mines a sort of mid tan colour, whatsapp 07940458890
thanks Gary
145estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 12:03   #4
Triple-S
How Old?

Hello Tom
I hope to be in your area in the near future (just waiting for a mail from Amersham) and would like to look at the Volvo please. One person's opinion of a wreck is another person's goldmine!
If you care to mail me on paultill38@gmail.com with a location and best times for you I'll fit it all in. I need some decent doors (at least) for my 144 project.
Thanks
Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 14:40   #5
Underdrive

Whoever goes to remove parts from this car, could you please let know if it has a towbar that they would be willing to remove on my behalf. Thanks.
Underdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2020, 13:34   #6
Triple-S
How Old?

I have a genuine Volvo-made towbar I was going to fit to my 145, but as my day-car has one and would from experience always be smashing my shin into it on my 145 when on my drive, didn't bother despite repainting it!

Would be a long-haul from south of London you - guess my courier would charge about £15+. If you want pictures my email address is above....

P
Old Oct 31st, 2020, 17:08   #7
Underdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
I have a genuine Volvo-made towbar I was going to fit to my 145, but as my day-car has one and would from experience always be smashing my shin into it on my 145 when on my drive, didn't bother despite repainting it!

Would be a long-haul from south of London you - guess my courier would charge about £15+. If you want pictures my email address is above....

P
Thanks Paul, sent you an email.
Underdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2020, 17:58   #8
The2ndMouse

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in this post, if i haven't replied to you directly yet i will get round to it, I'm not ignoring you!

The car is still submerged in undergrowth and likely to stay there for at least a month now with lockdown.

I'm not local to it unfortunately, otherwise i would have got some photos to post up on here. As and when that becomes possible again i will update you on the condition of any saveable parts. I can say with some certainty though that the bodywork will all be beyond help. I also now know that the windscreen is broken and the n/s/r door glass is missing, but it was covered with plastic sheets so I'm hoping the interior hasn't suffered too much.

Thanks again and watch this space in a few weeks time... hopefully.

Tom
The2ndMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The2ndMouse For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 12:03   #9
Triple-S
How Old?

Thanks for that, Tom, however I fear this imminent lock-down may prevent non-essential motoring once in operation. I'd still like to view the car when convenient please (I'm not an essential business though, just retired) once we know for sure and you have unearthed it for photos/inspection. Looking forward to more info on what we'll be allowed to do in the near future.

Paul
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 20:45   #10
Glenn Street

Default 145 transmission tunnel

do you still have the body shell? i require a transmission tunnel, the whole section over the gear box to behind gear lever, it would need to be cut out, could do it myself if available, regards Glenn
Glenn Street is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
145, breaking, parts