Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen: Water ingress on x70/80 P3 models 2007 on

Views : 279990

Replies : 109

Users Viewing This Thread : cordster

Old May 16th, 2021, 19:51   #61
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio2711 View Post
Hi All,

Just got a 2009 XC70 D5 AWD last week. Live on East London / Essex border where we had a huge downpour last night and woke to my interior front light dripping. It has dripped onto the climate controls and the rear heater is now permanently on and the fans blow at full speed constantly even when car is off!!

Fortunately, it has the original screen.

Read this post and pushed the top of the screen from inside and guess what it moves considerably.

Those that contacted Volvo who replied to take to dealer and all will be covered if original screen and bonding issue, did the ones that are successful email or call?

Glad I found this thread, hopefully I can get it sorted, just worried about the climate electrical gremlins that have now occurred.
It will only be free of charge if your original windscreen doesn’t shatter/crack upon removal. If your windscreen shatters/cracks when being removed, you have to pay for a new one.

You’re best phoning.
Old May 17th, 2021, 08:08   #62
radio2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
It will only be free of charge if your original windscreen doesn’t shatter/crack upon removal. If your windscreen shatters/cracks when being removed, you have to pay for a new one.

You’re best phoning.
That's my fear, I already have 3 stone chips that each are around 10p coin size. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 00:40   #63
miccurr

Thumbs up

Noticed water drip from interior light on occasion over a number of years, nothing much. Last year a swimming pool appeared in passenger rear footwell. Took out the interior and dried, cleaned out drain channels in wings. This year noticed floor was wet again. No time to investigate so pulled bung out on the wall at the bottom of rear seat to allow water to drain out. Contacted Volvo uk after coming across a post with same issue. They suggested taking it to dealer and if the bonding had in fact failed, they would rebond at their expense. Nearest dealer was Volvo Ireland, who had never came across this issue as to be fair, didn’t see a lot of these cars. They suggested new windscreen and got in touch with Volvo Ireland who agreed to replace it foc. This was completed last month and issue resolved. 2008 V70 D5 SE sport 133k miles fvsh. Excellent dealer, excellent service.
miccurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 22:58   #64
monkeh
Pain in the backside

Logging mine,
Replaced after they "cracked it". 170,000 miles (ish)
They covered half of the cost. So an original volvo 'screen was £211 fitted.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 14:28   #65
SheffieldO

Default window bonding sorted

Hi, quick post to say that in aftermath of snow and rain earlier in the year - usual problems with water in footwell and in the bulkhead on my v70 2009.

Took a punt on contacting Volvo main dealer (Stoneacre) in Sheffield - I took the view don't ask don't get. They confirmed bonding issue on windscreen, negotiated with Volvo for free fix under warranty and even did the bulk head remedial work - again for free as Volvo approved also.

They drew the line at the carpets.

I downloaded the bulkhead fix which I found on this site - they not aware of this Volvo method/instruction - but I explained that the sloshing up front had to be sorted.

All in all, hats off to Stoneacre and Volvo for sorting it out free of quibble for a car that is 11 years old. Excellent service.
SheffieldO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 09:06   #66
Imaden123

Volvo S80 2.5T first reg 09/2007. mileage 276320. Water tuns down inside of screen in a couple of place behind mirror.
Imaden123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 13:40   #67
Bilarv70

Default Bilarv70

I had this problem on 2008 V70 Volvo Uk re-bonded it free of charge however the water ingress knackered my CEM
Bilarv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 13:48   #68
Amoore

I had mine fixed by a local indie as volvo said they would do it foc unless it cracked upon removal and then it would be £400. Joke! Cost me £20 on insurance excess. Then the rear windscreen went. Also had that fixed. Cost me £100. Now the external plastic trim on the xc70 is debonding. Wow, that was some rubbish glue they had in 2008!
Amoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 09:35   #69
gsinky

Default 2010 V70 drivers footwell puddle

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I have just taken delivery of a V70 D5 2010 with 140k and following a heavy downpur the drivers footwell had an inch of water lying in it. I have contacted Auto Windscreens and they have quoted £120 to rebond the screen, but if it breaks, a new windscreen will be £500. I have also been in touch with Volvo UK and they advised me to contact my local Volvo dealer and tell them they have sent me, where they will then perform a diagnosis. To be honest, I'm tempted to just go to Auto Windscreens and get it sorted ASAP as I suspect the main dealer route may turn in to an episode. Any thoughts from you guys? I'll keep you posted of how it goes.
gsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 12:11   #70
Amoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsinky View Post
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I have just taken delivery of a V70 D5 2010 with 140k and following a heavy downpur the drivers footwell had an inch of water lying in it. I have contacted Auto Windscreens and they have quoted £120 to rebond the screen, but if it breaks, a new windscreen will be £500. I have also been in touch with Volvo UK and they advised me to contact my local Volvo dealer and tell them they have sent me, where they will then perform a diagnosis. To be honest, I'm tempted to just go to Auto Windscreens and get it sorted ASAP as I suspect the main dealer route may turn in to an episode. Any thoughts from you guys? I'll keep you posted of how it goes.
£500 is a shameful rip off. Have you tried your insurance policy? It often has no effect on your no claims bonus. Try a local indie windscreen guy as well. They are often AW trained but tire of the company and set up by themselves. it is not easy to get them out with breaking them. I watched my guy do it and he was so, so careful but it still went right at the end.

Also, I took mine to local main dealer who at least took the carpets and sound insulation out and dried them off for me FOC. Deffo ask for that becuase you don't want mushrooms in the footwell!

It all resolves fine in the end. Keep the faith.
Amoore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amoore For This Useful Post: