Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 anti skid service required timing belt?

Views : 406

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 21:56   #1
Irishgang

Default S40 anti skid service required timing belt?

Hi all,

Partner was driving our 06 s40 1.6 petrol then the anti skid service required came up on the screen, engine cut out instantly. Car would crank but wouldn't start.

AA came out to her and said the cams arent moving when she attempts to crank so said timing belt snapped.

Belt was changed 9 months ago at 56k miles, car has 63k miles now.

Car was towed to mechanic who changed belt, he would be able to look at it till Monday.

Anyway does it sound like timing belt or something else? Coincidence with the anti skid service required light?
Irishgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 20:38   #2
badger146

I also had this message too, I also changed timing belt because no service record of it, I got mine done at indy Volvo, guy knows his stuff ,,, BUT what he said was whoever done before not done right, he said that water pump had sealant round the pump, and it was not top dead centre ,,almost was but not, you don't put sealant round the pump,. I take he changed pump, and new tensioner, also got serpentine belt done, ready to go anytime,as cracked right whole belt, could well be like a chain reaction if timing belt snapped, 1 thing you don't need is timing belt snapping maybe ask who done belt exactly how he did it,,,, cheeky I know but its not his motor its yours
badger146 is offline   Reply With Quote