Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Apologies

Views : 756

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2021, 15:01   #1
68jackh
VOC Member

Default Apologies

I must apologise for my rant on another post in this folder.
I got carried away and used language and content that was unnecessary.
I stand by what i said but it detracted from the thread.
I do think that the people who i responded to need to use another platform for their political ideology and there are plenty out there for them to use.
Once again apologies.
Jack
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 15:59   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

I saw what you put, disagree with it and don’t think you come across well. However I don’t think that people should need to come on line and apologise for saying what they feel?

Maybe this says something about me and the mildly forthright opinions I have but provided no laws are broken and no ones personal details etc are given out then I don’t fee people should be too quick to embrace wokedom.

Of course this is the VOC admins train set and they may see differently but I have found everyone on here very decent and understanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 16:26   #3
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68jackh View Post
I must apologise for my rant on another post in this folder.
I got carried away and used language and content that was unnecessary.
I stand by what i said but it detracted from the thread.
I do think that the people who i responded to need to use another platform for their political ideology and there are plenty out there for them to use.
Once again apologies.
Jack
i think you need to **** off with your pathetic attempt to keep membership here following your outbursts of slander
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 16:47   #4
68jackh
VOC Member

Andy membership is not important to me but clearly one day we can meet and have a discussion without you hiding behind your pathetic attempts at nationalisation and trying to justify it with i served my country as i have and still do.
You're clearly a child of little intelligence or self opinion and just follow what you think is normal and the right thing at this time.
I think having to use crude language is very base but what do we expect from children.
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 18:24   #5
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
i think you need to **** off
It appears that my colleague has disagreed with you, and you now have a week to contemplate your conduct on the forum. It's not exactly the first time your posts have been reported, so I suggest contemplating good and hard, or consider taking your own advice.

Jack - I think you were a little the wrong side of the line there in terms of tone, etc, so I think the apology is well received (but at the same time not necessary, and I wouldn't want people to feel they need to make a habit of it).

I'm closing this up - I think it has served its purpose.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread