Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V50 limp mode faults fixed !!

Views : 2298

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 12:35   #1
Rocket racer

Default Volvo V50 limp mode faults fixed !!

Hi all. This post is about a V50 2.0d with engine fault / stopping after 3000rpm.
The car would start and drive no lights on dash. And it would just go into limp mode and stop. After 5mins it would start and drive.
Real pain as no real advanced warning before it stopped.
Garage looked at it for me. And found a load of fault codes . Said to expensive to repair. ☹️
Now here's a list of codes.
1. P1402 egr valve cir short
2. P193b accel pedal fault
3. P0089 fuel pressure regulator
4. P1577 right eng mount solenoid valve open
5. DPF regen Duration
6. 2A40 particulate trap blocked
7.444D egr control offset fault
8. 9530 accelerator pedal sensor
9. Fuel pressure too low pressure
10. 952f accelerator pedal sensor fault.

Now all these codes can get expensive and hard to work out what is wrong.
So after a search and working through the fault codes on Volvo forums ( thanks) i have now fixed the car myself. 🤞👍.
So i am here to return the service i was given with what i actually done to fix these issues.

First thing i actually done was get a new accelerator pedal and fitted it. ( Had to drill a 13mm hole in plastic bit behind the dash for ease of getting the third bolt at top of pedal)
This new part fixed 8 fault codes in one go. Only leaving two to fix
1. p0089 fuel pressure reg
2. 2520 fuel pressure to low.
These two last codes i replaced the fuel filter and these codes when too. £70 for filter and £100 for the pedal. So not cheap cheap but still worth the effort.
The car now runs good and is back to normal and no hassle in two months. So all good.
My thoughts are i worked out the filter and the pedal was too good options for replacement. So i decided that if the pedal was fault with would be best to be replaced first. So i did that. Then the filter.
After the fact and having it's sorted i reckon maybe doing the filter first might have fix all the problems. So maybe worth trying.
I hope this helps others as to many ask the question and nobody say they fixed the problems and post it up.
Thanks Volvo Forums.
Rocket racer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocket racer For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 13:27   #2
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket racer View Post
Hi all. This post is about a V50 2.0d with engine fault / stopping after 3000rpm.
The car would start and drive no lights on dash. And it would just go into limp mode and stop. After 5mins it would start and drive.
Real pain as no real advanced warning before it stopped.
Garage looked at it for me. And found a load of fault codes . Said to expensive to repair. ☹️
Now here's a list of codes.
1. P1402 egr valve cir short
2. P193b accel pedal fault
3. P0089 fuel pressure regulator
4. P1577 right eng mount solenoid valve open
5. DPF regen Duration
6. 2A40 particulate trap blocked
7.444D egr control offset fault
8. 9530 accelerator pedal sensor
9. Fuel pressure too low pressure
10. 952f accelerator pedal sensor fault.

Now all these codes can get expensive and hard to work out what is wrong.
So after a search and working through the fault codes on Volvo forums ( thanks) i have now fixed the car myself. 🤞👍.
So i am here to return the service i was given with what i actually done to fix these issues.

First thing i actually done was get a new accelerator pedal and fitted it. ( Had to drill a 13mm hole in plastic bit behind the dash for ease of getting the third bolt at top of pedal)
This new part fixed 8 fault codes in one go. Only leaving two to fix
1. p0089 fuel pressure reg
2. 2520 fuel pressure to low.
These two last codes i replaced the fuel filter and these codes when too. £70 for filter and £100 for the pedal. So not cheap cheap but still worth the effort.
The car now runs good and is back to normal and no hassle in two months. So all good.
My thoughts are i worked out the filter and the pedal was too good options for replacement. So i decided that if the pedal was fault with would be best to be replaced first. So i did that. Then the filter.
After the fact and having it's sorted i reckon maybe doing the filter first might have fix all the problems. So maybe worth trying.
I hope this helps others as to many ask the question and nobody say they fixed the problems and post it up.
Thanks Volvo Forums.
Good job that you had the insight to look into the issues yourself and you were able to identify the problem as being a £170 fix compared to listening to the garage and then having to fork out for replacing the car.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimfull For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 06:52   #3
Pete-V70 D5 2003

And how we doing a few months on? I have similar issues with various lights and warnings inc antiskid with limp mode till i switch ignition off and on etc coming up and codes which all seem related to pedal sensor plug/CEM each time I do something its fine for a few months then kicks back in. Pedal has been changed and also plug seems to have been changed as all the wires are red up there now. Final thing I need to do is rewire the sensor plug to the cem which was usually a white wire (before plug changed) and into cem plug which I dont know what one.
Pete-V70 D5 2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fault codes, low fuel pressure fault, v50 2.0d