Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

740 B230 Intercooler with AC

Views : 324

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 22:00   #1
panda529e699

Default 740 B230 Intercooler with AC

Hello

Just checking if someone can advise me on the location of the AC condenser with an intercooler please, I've got the P/N from the Volvo parts book but it says for without AC and something about the condenser having to be moved.

Many Thanks

Andrew
panda529e699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 00:14   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda529e699 View Post
Hello

Just checking if someone can advise me on the location of the AC condenser with an intercooler please, I've got the P/N from the Volvo parts book but it says for without AC and something about the condenser having to be moved.

Many Thanks

Andrew
The AC condenser should be in front of the coolant radiator Andrew, often the intercooler is mounted in front but i'm not all that familiar with the turbo cars. Having had a look at some images online, they all seem to be mounted this way with the intercooler in front of the cooling radiator and possibly the condenser as well.

Looking at it, the intercooler seems to be just inboard of the right hand headlight behind the grille, fed by the big shiny pipe coming from the turbo. On the other side a similar sized pipe takes it to the throttle body.

Between the intercooler and the radiator will be the condenser, almost as big in area as the radiator but a fair bit slimmer.
You can't see it but there's a condenser in front of the radiator :

No turbos or intercoolers on that though!

While not a definitive answer, hopefully that gives you a few pointers about where to find the bits you're looking for!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 01:30   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

The condensor goes at the very front of the cooling pack attached to the intercooler.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:00   #4
panda529e699

Default 740 Intercooler with AC

Thanks for the replies and the pics.
I've not long since I fitted an AC condenser and it fitted perfectly in to the factory provided attachments on the car so was trying to visualise how the intercooler went.

It was the Skandix website that said the condenser would need to be relocated which confused me even more.

So with the info from above and when the intercooler arrives its clearer now.

Many thanks
panda529e699 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to panda529e699 For This Useful Post: