Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bleed valve on T5 850

Views : 4340

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2009, 21:51   #11
John_C
Allons-y!

If you do have an MBC fitted depending on how it's adjusted you might be running a fair bit of extra power already! I'd check that side out before paying for a remap - although Don's product is excellent and personally I'd take a remap over an MBC any time from an engine safety point of view. You pays your money you makes your choice
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 22:53   #12
Godzilla

I will see if my mate can fit her in on the rollers tomorrow and see what she is producing. On hard throttle she was spinning till 65mph, roads were slightly damp but nothing bad, so maybe she has a bit more power than standard? Needle almost goes off the white in the Turbo gauge.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 23:35   #13
John_C
Allons-y!

Yeah that's running some extra boost by the sounds of it.

As I say I'd personally go for a remap and you won't go wrong with Don, but just see what she's running first.
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 09:02   #14
Godzilla

My mate said he can get her in for 11.20 this morning as his Boss is not back till 1 so he can check her out! He does this with all my cars! I dont get a printout though due to it being a freebie and not really meant to be using the rollers, so I better not say the name of the company !!
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 14:07   #15
Godzilla

Im back!! Ok now this is strange!! My T5 is 225bhp as standard. I have no reciepts or anything showing a re-map. She went on the rollers and gave out 264bhp. She only had 2 runs due to my mate not really being aloud to test her, well he could if I paid but he does it for a freebie as long as I help him get building materials at trade price!

Has my car been chipped or another ECU?

Last edited by Godzilla; Jun 10th, 2009 at 14:14.
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 21:56   #16
John_C
Allons-y!

Could be, but that's what an MBC will do - more boost, more power. Are those WHP figures or crank BHP?

Is the security strap still in place on the ECU box at the front left of the engine bay? If that is there and still has the rivet holding it in place on the left hand side of the box then it almost definitely hasn't been chipped.
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 10:45   #17
malky m

Default bleed valve

ive got a bleed valve for my t5 coming today, and as far as i see to fit is just a case off taking hoses off from bcs and connecting into the ends on brass bleed valve and blanking off air intake on bcs is this correct if some one could let me know in case i blow her up lol ....
malky m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 19:58   #18
malky m

Default brass bleed valve

got brass bleed valve today with new blue silicon hoses,fitted as described blocked off air intake hose with asmall bolt ,took turbo pipe and actuator pipe joined by brass bleed valve ,,,and its like a different car,before had adjusted actuator 3-4 turns, and at that time was going 1/3 into boost gauge and now with brass bleed valve just about nearly touching end off gauge ,dont want to turn valve in any more as dont know if car is chipped or what, but on one of the topics someone mentions you can tell if the screw on ecu under the bonnet is missing the pop rivet its a good chance its been chipped ,but the way this car is performing im well chuffed ,and thanks to the diagram by jod..(going to chevk ecu cover)

Last edited by malky m; Jul 3rd, 2009 at 20:01. Reason: mistake in spelling
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 23:19   #19
malky m

Default ecu

hi back again just been out and checked ecu strap that johnc was mentioning ,should have rivet but mine has only got flat head screws onit does this mean it has been chipped already as previous owner said it had and he had mentioned that it had a hks stage 4 turbo could he be talking rubbish ...
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 01:12   #20
RSF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Im back!! Ok now this is strange!! My T5 is 225bhp as standard. I have no reciepts or anything showing a re-map. She went on the rollers and gave out 264bhp. She only had 2 runs due to my mate not really being aloud to test her, well he could if I paid but he does it for a freebie as long as I help him get building materials at trade price!

Has my car been chipped or another ECU?
I was going to say,If the standard manual t5 is 225 bhp I'm getting easily 250-269 with bleed valve attached underneath and my boost gauge goes off the white too.
Think I experienced boost cut the other day so took it off and my car is very very slow compared to when it had the bleed valve,it is using more petrol too.
I will be setting it up the weekend so it dont spin so much.
15-20 quid on bleed valve or 300 on ecu re map which will basicly make the car do the same thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00103.JPG (305.8 KB, 9 views)

T5 WANTED,CHEAP PROJECT WITH MOT
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote