Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VIDA 2015A - EGR Adaptation: operation failed...

Views : 1022

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2024, 16:45   #1
Sidji

Default VIDA 2015A - EGR Adaptation: operation failed...

Hi everyone,

New to this (great) forum, but not new to Volvo with this third car and (by far the worst) experience: a V50 1.6Hdi (2010) 'drive'...
To make it short, having recently replaced the EGR valve (VALEO, same as originally found), and unless I understand it completely wrong, I obviously face an 'alignment' error between the set-point and the process variable (actual position).

According to experienced persons on this forum, it is clear that an adaptation operation shall be performed so the software 'knows' what values the feedback signal are for closed / opened position. This is supposed to be performed with VIDA, ECM module's advanced tab, 'Adaptation of EGR valve'. But...

Trying this leads me to an 'Operation failed' error...

Any help / advise / workaround highly appreciated !!!
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 19:21   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

are you familiar with operating vida did you click the vct 2000 symbol? is the egr connected to the car with the plug is the ecm fuse good? is the egr working at all try running live data to check operating parameters.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 12:04   #3
Sidji

Thanks Simmy for your answer.
Sure, I clicked on the VCT2000 symbol, which opened a dialog box to start the process.
The EGR is working as it can be seen from the charts. My suspicions about a miss-alignment are indeed based on those charts...

SNAG-003.jpg

SNAG-004.jpg

Another thing I should have mentioned, is that performing the same command with engine stopped but with ignition key in pos II returns a successful message, instantly, but without any noticeable movement / noise at the valve servomotor.

And last but not least, I'm currently using a J2534 interface, not an original DICE. Could this be an issue ?

Last edited by Sidji; Apr 10th, 2024 at 12:07.
Sidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:20   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

if you have had success with the adaption without the engine running i doubt that your interface is faulty the graph shows the valve working it should settle low down at the bottom of the scale after a few mins of idling
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:31   #5
Sidji

I guess you are right Sammy, but that doesn't settle things out. Tried again this afternoon, at no avail...

Not sure if I should mark this thread as 'Resolved' or 'unResolvable' though ?

Thanks anyway !
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:34   #6
Simmy
Premier Member

if you read the ecm it should show if there are any current faults in the current operating cycle.