Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sussex Volvo Gathering

Views : 1153

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 30th, 2009, 11:20   #1
Triple-S
How Old?

Default Sussex Volvo Gathering

In case you didn't know, next Sunday, June 7th is the annual Volvo Gathering at Bentley Wildfowl Reserve and Motor Museum. This is near Halland (just follow the brown scenic signs), just off the A22 and B2192, NOT the village south-west of Farnham, Hampshre as somebody reminded us of, last year. Also, its the nearest dedicated Volvo meet to London this year!

This is a quiet stately house open to the public, in splendid grounds having a good motor museum, wildfowl reserves, crafts sections, narrow-gauge railway, woodlands walks and a cafe. Look at our ad in the "Driver" magazine to see how nice it is.

VOC members must remember to take their membership cards for free entry, otherwise it costs £5 per person. Don't arrive before 1030 as we are still setting up.

Last year we attracted nearly 50 Volvo's, ranging from a PV444 right up to current models, and we may get dealer support again this year. There will be a dedicated Volvo autojumble, but no big oily lumps please, as the management don't want their lawn mucked up.

All we haven't arranged is the weather - lets hope its as nice as today and not as wet as Basingstoke unfortunately turned out to be. Regardless, we will be there so don't hold back - come and join us. This is THE occasion for all Volvo-owning friends in south London and the southeast to get together and have a great picnic.

See you there?

Sussex Section
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 08:41   #2
akita
I've Been Banned

Hi Paul,

We'll be there, see you Sunday !
akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 21:49   #3
Triple-S
How Old?

Default Sussex Volvo Gathering

I trust you all have your fingers and toes crossed to keep the rain away for Sunday June 7th. We have a couple of gazeebo's but not a BKV-sized marquee to shelter in....

Look forward to meeting you all there......especially those 262 owners in our midst, for our photo-shoot.

Jen I must look closely at your missing bumper clip problem, so I know what to look for. I doubt if those of us fetching some Volvo bits to find buyers for will have one, but you never know....

Paul
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 08:47   #4
akita
I've Been Banned

Hi Paul

I have seen the weather for sunday, not looking good but hey ho, we would'nt miss it for the world. I still have the bumper trim tied up, but Steve and his 244 has given me a contact for someone who may be able to help, so will give him a ring this weekend. Steve has the same bumpers as me, and got a clip from this chap so its promising. Looking forward to Bentley.
akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 14:06   #5
222s
Amazoniste

Arrghhh!!! Can't make it - too many things to do this weekend

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:27   #6
Chris_C
Gopher

Superb day, thanks all!

My pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_cardw...7619399135716/

but I got a bit carried away with the waterfowl, and forgot to take many of the Volvos! Great venue
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 15:33   #7
Derek UK
VOC Member

Thanks for posting the pics Chris. Good to meet you.

Derek
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 12:30   #8
Triple-S
How Old?

Default Bentley Volvo Gathering

A belated thanks to all who supported this annual event despite the rubbish weather early that morning and the horrendous jams along the A27 from the west, due resurfacing.

All three hoped-for 262s turned up, providing Mike Croxon splendid photo opportunities outside the stately house - hopefully appearing in the next house magazine. As was said by each of the owners - when was the last time three were at the same place at the same time?

Unfortunately the possible parallel 164 grouping failed to materialise, for two reasons - the weather in the northwest at 8am was torrential for two hopefuls, and a disinterested MoT garage who considered the village fete more important than completing the minor work and retest on another. Yet another case of a test station openly announcing that they hated old cars..... Still, mine made it despite a slipping clutch - MUST get that done!

The provisional date for the 2010 meet is the second Sunday in June rather than the first, so as not to clash with other regular events in the south. As usual, that will be confirmed much nearer the event.

Thanks from us too for the photos Chris - 161 pics but for some reason not all cars.... Have you got a duck-phobea?

Audrey (organiser) and Paul (slave).
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 16:11   #9
v70x
VOC Member

thank's to those who organised the event obviously due to the weather we did not get the 50 of last year but it was still interesting.

good to meet and get to know some of you as i have not yet got to steyning for the meet due to work always conflicting believe it or not.

will get to one soon promise hopefully the next on 24th june.

ps though it would be nice to try and have some more meets at the weekend for more chance of meeting as a group.

apart from that idea thank's for the effort put in to arrange it.

Russ.

the only v70 classic at the show. nautic blue.
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 23:35   #10
stedman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v70x View Post
V70X-said something about Steyning...

they also said....

the only v70 classic at the show. nautic blue.
Shame i didn't come, could have changed that

Sorry i didn't reply to your email, i've been mental at work, exams etc etc.

I would be up for a Steyning meet as long as some pre-notice is given, so i could swap shifts at work ETC!

Hopefully meet some Sussex guys soon.
stedman is offline   Reply With Quote