Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

getting the right hump with it now!!!!!

Views : 697

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 17:20   #1
infinity1

Default getting the right hump with it now!!!!!

right further to my previous posts on the car losing power etc,but only when its warming up,from cold to hot,when its hot it runs fine its just the bit inbetween!!like today dropped the kids off turned engine off,had a cup of tea etc i was away from the car for a max of ten minutes got in and drove off,and within 500yds all power gone,no response from throttle,put the car in nuetral and watched as it vibrated, shuddered,all lights on the dash flashing,coughing trying to stall,then it suddenly rights itself and its like nothing happened,(at the correct temp then!)
i have had a very lenghty discussion with a lambda expert(!) he said that it couldnt be the lambda sensor(or its highly unlikely it is!) so i am really at a loss as to what i could possibly be, new rotor,dis cap,leads plugs(correctly gapped),new coolant sensor,new air filter,all vacum hoses are good, the only thing i havent done is the thermostat but this couldnt really make this problem could it?
any one got any ides at all cause im buggered if i do know now!!!
heres hoping for a miracle!!!!
infinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 17:32   #2
caveman
Premier Member

fuel pump relay? fuel pump? fuel filter? just a few suggestions.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 17:45   #3
PNuT
MaDMaN

i assume the car is showing no codes?
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 17:51   #4
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
i assume the car is showing no codes?
there are no codes and i have heard pete's engine run, at the time i was unable to give it too much of a going over, but ONLY when cold it sounds like it is running on 4 cylinders, when its warm it runs fine but is a sod to start.....
cheers
jod
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 18:26   #5
infinity1

only code i have is 212 the lambda sensor one,tried it again tonight same thing, juist wont run when its warm/cold,completely non responsive to throttle etc,iacv wouldnt do this would it??? even though i have cleaned it out?? jod its ok to start in all temp ranges its just the running,anyone care to have a look at it for me????
sorry forgot to put new pump relay,and fuel filter in nov...
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 19:40   #6
stusT5
850 t5 and r owner

Hi mate have you replaced plugs roter arm and dizzy cap if so then try the coil pack or even the maf i have mine in bits at the moment so you could borrow my coil and maf for fault finding if you like i will need em back in a couple of weeks though
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 20:21   #7
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stusT5 View Post
Hi mate have you replaced plugs roter arm and dizzy cap if so then try the coil pack or even the maf i have mine in bits at the moment so you could borrow my coil and maf for fault finding if you like i will need em back in a couple of weeks though
im fairly sure pete has a vacuum leak somewhere, tho on inspection it seemed ok, most of the "usual" stuff has been done, i have a feeling its going to be me, pete and my new halfords tool kit, a lakeside a weekend soon....mini-meet anyone...
cheers
jod
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 20:32   #8
infinity1

well jod you got to christen it sometime.....