Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless entry issues - driving me mad

Views : 6868

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2020, 12:10   #51
Fursty Ferret

Do you keep a phone with NFC or a credit card with contactless support in the same pocket as the key? Both seem able to block the signal.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fursty Ferret For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 22:51   #52
s3t0Kaiba

Confirmed it was the battery in the “slow” key, I replaced it with a well known brand and all is well with that key since. No low battery warning on the dash though which is what I would have expected.

However, the comfort access in the other key is totally gone, doesn’t matter what I do with the battery. Not worth a trip to the dealer for this, but irritating all the same.
s3t0Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s3t0Kaiba For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 14:28   #53
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3t0Kaiba View Post
Confirmed it was the battery in the “slow” key, I replaced it with a well known brand and all is well with that key since. No low battery warning on the dash though which is what I would have expected.

However, the comfort access in the other key is totally gone, doesn’t matter what I do with the battery. Not worth a trip to the dealer for this, but irritating all the same.
I presume you are aware that you can have different car settings options applicable to separate keys - so perhaps you need to assign the "Comfort Access" mode to the other key's profile setting.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 17:46   #54
s3t0Kaiba

Sure, I am aware you can have different profiles assigned to different keys, but the comfort access stopped working on the key I've been using since I got the car new mid 2018.

So I switched to the spare which was slow, the battery having run down over the two years it's been sitting in the presentation box.

But - are you saying there is an option buried somewhere in the menu to enable/disable the comfort access feature on a per key basis? Where can I find this? I've only seen a setting to choose whether it unlocks the drivers door or all of them. Not to disable that altogether.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 19:27   #55
nu11eaf
Premier Member

When you say comfort access are you referring to the suspension lowering when engine is turned off, if so there is a tick box for this setting in the Senses settings, swipe down from top of Sensus and press settings/my car/mirrors and convenience and check the tick box for easy access (may be worded differently)

I turn mine off when towing my caravan and back of for normal use.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 12:08   #56
s3t0Kaiba

Hi - I am referring to Keyless Entry - i.e. grab the car handle and it unlocks. Sorry if I've caused confusion!
The Following User Says Thank You to s3t0Kaiba For This Useful Post: