Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bosch injector pump IQ, Vida dice or icarsoft

Views : 710

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2021, 06:31   #1
sexy sue

Default Bosch injector pump IQ, Vida dice or icarsoft

Hello I'm going to be changing the injector pump seals on my v70 tdi due to a leak.
Im aware that I will need software to dial in the pump after using the hammer mod, is this strictly necessary even if I mark the pump before removal?
And if yes will the icarsoft i906 diagnostic tool work? It's apparently Volvo specific.
Don't really want to use Vida dice, it sounds a bit complicated.
Thanks for any information.
sexy sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 09:18   #2
dingov70
Master Member

Morning , Yes you will need to software "tune" the injection timing following the hammer set up . I was not able to confirm the I906 will allow you to set the timing . I own a Snap-on modis & that does not allow for dynamic timing ( Bugger ! ) . But it is very unlikely

There may well be a member locally who can hep out with Vida & timing , this link used to work and you might strike lucky

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=280351
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 20:59   #3
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

Only one way to time a Tdi.. and that's with the Dti...
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 22:53   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi dudi View Post
Only one way to time a Tdi.. and that's with the Dti...
That gets the basic setting , it's the very fine Dynamic ( whist running ) electronic tuning which can be tricky . Small movements change the numbers a lot ..
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 23:35   #5
Martin Cox
VOC Member

How old is your V70Tdi?

Early versions used MSA15.7 which needs VOL-FCR and later versions used MSA15.8 which requires VIDA. I think the changeover was sometime in 1999. Needless to say VIDA can't read MSA15.7 and vice versa.

If it's the earlier version the Xiaotec 850OBD2 app for android phone ( https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=309357 ) may help. It will allow you to set the dynamic timing and a lot of other useful stuff too. it works well with my 1998 V70 Tdi Auto.

Martin

V70 Tdi Auto 228,000 miles
Martin Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 23:42   #6
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Cox View Post
Early versions used MSA15.7 which needs VOL-FCR and later versions used MSA15.8 which requires VIDA. I think the changeover was sometime in 1999
1999 model year contained both 15.7 and 15.8 so we'd need the 17 digit chassis number or the engine number digits from the VIN at least to decode what the OP has.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 12:15   #7
Juular

Did this at the weekend on a friend's car. He used a Delphi clone from eBay which was not expensive and worked very well.

It's quite difficult to get it bang on. Even retightening the cam pulley after adjusting was enough to nudge it out of the zone.

The DTI can be out due to wear in the pump and manufacturing differences but it will get you close. You really need the software for the final tune up.

It's recommended to get it close using the cam pulley and then make final adjustments using the small rear idler wheel using an Allan key.
Juular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 19:17   #8
sexy sue

Hi do you have a link for that Delphi eBay clone?

Paying over £100 for Vida to change a gasket seems ridiculous as I will likely never use it again.
Think I read somewhere that the type of mass airflow housing gives a clue to what software I need.
sexy sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 20:02   #9
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexy sue View Post
Paying over £100 for Vida to change a gasket seems ridiculous as I will likely never use it again.
You use it then sell it. The net cost is very low considering you're using the best equipment designed for the job.....assuming it is the best for the job in hand.

We still don't know your correct details.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 08:49   #10
turboboy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juular View Post
Did this at the weekend on a friend's car. He used a Delphi clone from eBay which was not expensive and worked very well.
Which version is this?

I have the 2015 and it has worked very well until last week when and now only goes to demo. mode.

The current ebay offering is 2017 and claims to overcome certain shortcomings and bugs of the earlier version but I am reluctant to waste money if it is more or less the same as the 2015.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/De1phi-Ca...rdt=true&rt=nc

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote