Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Northern BKV

Views : 1168

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2021, 09:00   #1
Underdrive

Default Northern BKV

Who is likely to go to the the Northern BKV on Aug 1st? I asked this question on the 140 section and got virtually no response!
Underdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 10:40   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

where is it being held? i thought most events were on hold due to the pandemic
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 10:50   #3
Underdrive

Wetherby racecourse, southern BKV seems to be cancelled but not seen anything about Northern. They seem to be almost a well kept secret for some reason on this forum, presumably more info in the 'Driver' magazine if you are a club member. I thought it would be beneficial to all to get as many owners together at these events, it's not unique this year because of covid.
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 10:51   #4
skippyfox
VOC Member

Wetherby race course August 1st. Apparently an outdoor event is allowed, same applies for the National at Uttoxeter on the 11th July.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 11:04   #5
Underdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Wetherby race course August 1st. Apparently an outdoor event is allowed, same applies for the National at Uttoxeter on the 11th July.
Just had a look at events calender and seen that the National is now a one day event, so is still taking place which is good. Are there any entry fees to just turn up and say hello to everybody, or is that just if you are entering the beauty parade? Even the fees for that seem to be a secret, you have to contact someone to find out what they are. It's a bit like joining the Masons, are there any secret handshakes I should be aware of?
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 13:29   #6
Derek UK
VOC Member

VOC events are free to members. They are also free to visitors but you won't be able to "compete" in any of the events or have your car in the one model type areas. There will be plenty of Volvos in the visitors parking. You will be welcome, and you can take the opportunity to join the club at the event.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 16:01   #7
Underdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
VOC events are free to members. They are also free to visitors but you won't be able to "compete" in any of the events or have your car in the one model type areas. There will be plenty of Volvos in the visitors parking. You will be welcome, and you can take the opportunity to join the club at the event.
Thanks Derek, no one else has said they are going yet so I might be standing there on my own
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 17:41   #8
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdrive View Post
Thanks Derek, no one else has said they are going yet so I might be standing there on my own
Don't worry Underdrive there will be quite a few people there. Even for the one day event it should be a decent turnout.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 20:19   #9
Underdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Don't worry Underdrive there will be quite a few people there. Even for the one day event it should be a decent turnout.
I hope so, but what makes you so sure?
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 09:02   #10
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Not far enough north for me. :-) I've never bothered joining because there is nothing up this way, not complaining but everything is down in Englandshire and is just too far for me to be bothered with. I will get to a meet one day. I've only ever gone to a couple of car shows and actually got one booked for next month in Aberdeenshire. I have no interest in showing but will go have a look about and see what is there.