Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Views : 16733

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2021, 10:57   #21
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

This is an upgrade in the Volvo accessories packs. I think it dependa on which model and year you have as to what you can get.
i.e you can get adaptive cruise on most models but you can only get the auto-speed adjustment (for bends etc) on later models.

Check out this link. It goes to the S60 page but you can back track to enter your specific model and year. Price is around £1100-1300

Hope this helps.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...utomatic/R.H.D
Old Mar 21st, 2021, 12:40   #22
Sekant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekant View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the useful information. If anyone could respond to the question below, that would be welcome and appreciated.

I have a XC-40 with IntelliSafe-Surround including Blind Spot Information System BLIS, LCMA. What would it then take to retrofit the adaptative cruise control, only a software upgrade or would it also require to change the entire intellisafe system?
Ok, update, I had my 2020 xc40 upgraded from intellisafe surround to assist as the car got serviced last week, got charged CHF 570.- (this is where I live, Geneva) or around UKP 500.-, apparently only a software upgrade.

Used it for the first time this weekend, the adaptative cruise control is really useful and helpful as soon as there is traffic, still need to get used to the pilot assist and in what conditions it really makes sense.
Sekant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sekant For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 10:14   #23
js90
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekant View Post
apparently only a software upgrade.
Interesting. There must be more kit fitted as standard in the XC40. My '20 S60 is in with the dealer today getting the 'Intellisafe Assist' upgrade and that includes a Hydraulic pump along with the software.

Quoted the same as the Volvo accessories website - £1,085.
js90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to js90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 19:34   #24
js90
VOC Member

So it was £1,084.99 in the end at the dealer. All working well but the steering wheel is now off by about 5 degrees to the right, so watch out for that if you get a retrofit.
Old May 18th, 2021, 22:55   #25
Carlos Primero

Hi All,

I've just purchased a 2018 XC60 R Design. To say I'm more than happy with it is a massive understatement.
I currently do circa 20,000 miles a year, this is mostly motorway driving in the North East and long drives to Portsmouth 2-3 times a year.
My current car doesn't have Pilot Assist or ACC, however I know I would benefit from it.
I've contacted the dealer asking about retrofitting the pilot assist and am awaiting a reply.
Two questions really.
1- is it possible to install? Would this not come as part of any soft wear updates?
2- what sort of cost am I looking at? Reading this post it looks like about £1-1500.

As I said before, the car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Certainly a nice civilised drive to work in the morning!!
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos Primero For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2021, 00:55   #26
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspartfg View Post
Hi all,

I've been lurking in the forum for a few weeks now. A couple of weeks ago I traded in my 8 year old Porsche Cayenne for a MY19 XC60 Inscription T5.

Clearly I know there is a lot of bias in the forum, but in my opinion the Volvo is easily the better car. The quality of the cabin is better, the ride is smoother and being 8 years younger tech is brilliant. The engine is beautifully smooth most of the time too... I would say the only place the Porsche has the upper hand is when you plant your foot on the "loud" pedal. The T5 lacks the mid-range torque and the gearbox becomes very hesitant if you ask it to kick-down then change up rapidly.... BUT, it's a volvo and I didn't buy it because I wanted a race car --- so i'm super happy and just love "wafting along".......

Anyway, quick question - I love my tech and whilst the car came with Intellisafe (BLISS, Lane Assist, etc), it doesn't have Adaptive Cruise Control and Pilot Assist. I believe I could get this as an upgrade if I wanted to. My question is whether anybody has done this, what it cost and whether they think it's worth it?

Fully appreciate the value of any tech in the car is a personal opinion, but given i'm driving 20 miles each way to work on the A3, it'd probably use it most days.

Thanks all.
Congratulations for your purchase. You can go to your dealer and install pilot assist and acc. Downloaded and installed throughout VIDA. I think it's a gimmick. You use it a couple of times and that's it. My opinion of course. I like to drive the car not the other way around.

But we need to see things through our own point of view. If you do a lot of highways 🛣, well then... maybe it's worth having it.
Old May 19th, 2021, 00:58   #27
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Primero View Post
Hi All,

I've just purchased a 2018 XC60 R Design. To say I'm more than happy with it is a massive understatement.
I currently do circa 20,000 miles a year, this is mostly motorway driving in the North East and long drives to Portsmouth 2-3 times a year.
My current car doesn't have Pilot Assist or ACC, however I know I would benefit from it.
I've contacted the dealer asking about retrofitting the pilot assist and am awaiting a reply.
Two questions really.
1- is it possible to install? Would this not come as part of any soft wear updates?
2- what sort of cost am I looking at? Reading this post it looks like about £1-1500.

As I said before, the car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Certainly a nice civilised drive to work in the morning!!

You chose a great SUV. 👍
Old May 19th, 2021, 12:20   #28
Dixie

Will be interesting to hear what your dealer says. I asked my local Volvo dealership a week ago now about an upgrade to Intellisafe Assist on my XC90 and despite having chased them 3 times they've still not got back to me. Speaking to 'Technical' apparently. I am somewhat confused, as it is even listed as an accessory for MY16 model.

I am in two minds though, as I believe I would need the hydraulic pump (looking at my chassis number) so cost would be £1085 and as Volvolover has mentioned, it might be more of a gimmick and annoyance and I'd hate to turn off the assist having paid that much for it....
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2021, 12:40   #29
js90
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Will be interesting to hear what your dealer says. I asked my local Volvo dealership a week ago now about an upgrade to Intellisafe Assist on my XC90 and despite having chased them 3 times they've still not got back to me. Speaking to 'Technical' apparently. I am somewhat confused, as it is even listed as an accessory for MY16 model.

I am in two minds though, as I believe I would need the hydraulic pump (looking at my chassis number) so cost would be £1085 and as Volvolover has mentioned, it might be more of a gimmick and annoyance and I'd hate to turn off the assist having paid that much for it....
I don't find it annoying in the least. Especially on boring motorway driving. Just don't allow your mind to wander. If anything I find it makes driving safer because I can pay more attention to the traffic around me, knowing the car is going in the right direction!

If you've seen the part numbers on the volvo parts site, just call the dealer and give them the numbers to get them moving.
The Following User Says Thank You to js90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2021, 18:07   #30
Carlos Primero

Just been told I cant have the pilot assist retrofitted.
To be honest I find that a bit strange.

Any thoughts anybody?
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote