Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tuning///Blower Motor

Views : 862

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 19:59   #1
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default Tuning///Blower Motor

Hi Guys,,,,Got myself a 1989 gl Estate yesterday with 83k on,,its had some work done over the past few years i,e,,,,head gasket water pump etc,,, its has a good body and almost rust free and i intend to work on it over the next 12 mths to improve and put right what needs doing etc ..switches... bulbs bushes...But mainly looking for someone to tune the engine and get it running nicely. I can take it anywhere to be done. im in WR9-7JZ,Worcester area....Plus i am looking for someone to replace my 240 glt 1991 blower motor,,,it did have all the screeching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
but has not worked for about 4 years now. i am lucky that i can put a heater inside the car to warm it up,,,by turning it on inside my house as i live on a farm....Any suggestion would be helpful ,,,regards Adrian...
timetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timetrip For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 20:53   #2
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetrip View Post
Hi Guys,,,,Got myself a 1989 gl Estate yesterday with 83k on,,its had some work done over the past few years i,e,,,,head gasket water pump etc,,, its has a good body and almost rust free and i intend to work on it over the next 12 mths to improve and put right what needs doing etc ..switches... bulbs bushes...But mainly looking for someone to tune the engine and get it running nicely. I can take it anywhere to be done. im in WR9-7JZ,Worcester area....Plus i am looking for someone to replace my 240 glt 1991 blower motor,,,it did have all the screeching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
but has not worked for about 4 years now. i am lucky that i can put a heater inside the car to warm it up,,,by turning it on inside my house as i live on a farm....Any suggestion would be helpful ,,,regards Adrian...
Hi Adrian,
You could get a 150 mile long extension lead so you have a good range whilst still using the heater
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 12:03   #3
Paulk

You could gtry this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swiss-Volvo-Woodburning-Stove-02-1600x1200.jpg (256.6 KB, 8 views)
Paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulk For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 12:13   #4
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Hi,

The 1989 will be k-jet, I expect all it will need is a full major service with good quality parts, along with a clean out of the lifting plate (inside the big rubber bellows under the inlet manifold) and perhaps some new injector seals (cheap and available from volvo).

The blower motor replacement really isn’t all that difficult and doesn’t require any specialty tools, it’s just a bit time consuming. Easily done in a day or half a day with a bit of prior experience.

Afraid I can’t recommend a garage in your area to help with either- but the engines are simple so a major service could be done by any garage. Getting a garage to replace the blower motor might be a bit expensive because of the time required- is that something you could manage yourself?

Cheers
Bugjam1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bugjam1999 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 13:14   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I have done a a few blower motor swaps. It is a time consuming job so most of teh cost is in labour rather than parts.

K jet will want new injector seals and manifold gasket. Clean out the metering unit and then set it all up. Am a fair old distance from you
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 20:01   #6
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default 1989 gl Estate,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I have done a a few blower motor swaps. It is a time consuming job so most of teh cost is in labour rather than parts.

K jet will want new injector seals and manifold gasket. Clean out the metering unit and then set it all up. Am a fair old distance from you
cheers for the info,,, I should have mentioned that the blower is for my GLT saloon. And the tuning is for my 1989 gl Estate which i picked up on the 2nd January the one for Brighton which was advertised on market place. Only 83k on it..it had a head gasket in 2020 with usual bits water pump gaskets etc but i think it could do with an expert eye looking over it and putting it right as i intend to keep it for as long as....OH,, I'm 69 in February so maybe my last one ...lol...i can bring it to you for as long as you need it,,,,Also a rough idea of cost that being the case...Regards Adrian.
p s,,, Have just realized that we are having a family holiday monday 29th may till Friday 2nd June,,, I do have another H reg gl which i use and getting someone else to bring the F reg along should not be a problem...Going to Clarach Bay Aberystwyth.....and the a train journey to pick it up....!!! Thats if you have the time etc,,,,Adrian.
timetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 23:04   #7
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Have sent you a PM
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote