Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 vs XC90 driver's headroom

Views : 1213

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 11th, 2018, 13:19   #11
Ringthane
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Yes I tried everything - contortionists abound! Even worse, my wife has a V40, nice and comfy once I'm in but getting in and out is hard work and impossible to do in any dignified manner!
Always keep your knees together when entering or exiting a car to avoid those paparazzi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ringthane For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 18:26   #12
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Same here, I had no problem with seating height in the S/V90 (I am 6 foot) but getting out of them was a nightmare, but all normal saloon cars are the same for me, far too low for a dignified exit.
I once had a last model V40 as a loaner, and asked them to give me something taller, they gave me another V40 but it was the V40CC a bit higher like the V90CC and easier to get in and out, I would think the V90cc will be about the same to exit as that V40CC which I could manage, not perfect but a lot less undignified.
While it may be slightly less undignified, the only difference between the CC and V90 is the suspension holding the body two inches or so higher off the ground, so for me there was hardly any improvement. If there was, I would have bought one there and then. Instead, I bought the XC90 which has a totally different dimension to the passenger compartment and is fine.

When comparing the V90CC, it was with my two other smaller cars, a CRV and a Qashqai, neither of which is the slightest problem to exit from. The V90, all versions, are very like the small Peugeot 2008 SUV to exit from. Very much like it in fact, considering the totally different overall size of vehicles and both equally unacceptable to me.

Last edited by Quacker; Apr 11th, 2018 at 18:46.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2018, 12:33   #13
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Headroom in this one looks to have been reduced a bit - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1...lasgow_bridge/
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2018, 18:25   #14
OV4

Looks like it might have shunted another’s car off the back of the transporter in the process.

Article said it was an Arnold Clark car. Remember from my years living in Scotland that they didn’t have the bestest reputation as a dealership.
OV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2018, 21:38   #15
Ringthane
VOC Member

Imagine the conversation with the poor guy waiting for his brand new car.