Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY2010 Pricelist

Views : 2143

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2009, 22:08   #1
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Default XC60 MY2010 Pricelist

Finally, Volvo UK have uploaded the new pricelist and spec for the MY2010 model...

(as some know, I have had this for almost 2 months....)

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/All-Cars...0pricelist.pdf

Click the link for full .pdf price list.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:57   #2
GMcL
0's and 1's

Thanks for this.
I thought the new D5 engine would be EuroV compliant, surprised to see it's only IV.
Does anyone know if this will be V compliant anytime soon or is it a typo in the brochure ?

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 14:31   #3
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Just had a look at the Volvo homepage and yes, the new D5 is still "only" Euro IV compliant.

Not that it makes much difference to most people as EURO V are only required as of September 2009. So that means Volvo (and many other manufacturers) will still make amendments to their engines.

For Info:
Euro VI starts September 2014 (proposed)
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old May 14th, 2009, 14:49   #4
GMcL
0's and 1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
Not that it makes much difference to most people as EURO V are only required as of September 2009.
It appears a bit of an oversight to have MY10 cars not compliant with legislation coming into force Sept. 09.

It may not have much impact in the UK however, where I live we have windscreen stickers which show pretty much which Euro group the vehicle sits in. These are then phased out and excluded from certain roads, EuII being excluded from Jan. 2010. To buy an EuIV car now would be crazy as it will have a shorter life span (years shorter) than the EuV car which should be available in the next three or four months.

I would really like one of these new D5 engines in the new S60 but will have to wait until the emissions catch up.

Old May 14th, 2009, 15:49   #5
StewartM

I honestly believe it is a typo.

In the new S80 one, it suggests the new D5 is EU5, but the new 2.4D is EU4.

Got to be a mistake.

Stewart.
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 15:55   #6
XC60Monkey

It looks like Volco have upped the prices to negate the effect of the VAT discount - am hoping to order a new XC60 on Saturday - hope they will still give me the old prices
XC60Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:54   #7
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
It appears a bit of an oversight to have MY10 cars not compliant with legislation coming into force Sept. 09.

It may not have much impact in the UK however, where I live we have windscreen stickers which show pretty much which Euro group the vehicle sits in. These are then phased out and excluded from certain roads, EuII being excluded from Jan. 2010. To buy an EuIV car now would be crazy as it will have a shorter life span (years shorter) than the EuV car which should be available in the next three or four months.

I would really like one of these new D5 engines in the new S60 but will have to wait until the emissions catch up.
You live in Germany..... :-)

I work a lot in Germany and I can't say I agree with this system, if you have an old classic car (like my 780 with no catalyser) you can't drive this in, say, central Berlin. I understand the fundementals with this and in a way agree, just think it's a pity for classic cars.

Re the Euro 5, yes, I agree also. It would be a huge drawback for Volvo re this.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old May 15th, 2009, 17:59   #8
GMcL
0's and 1's

The German people love their old cars so have made allowances for this:

Unrestricted access for historic vehicles
Historic vehicles registered in Germany and carrying an “H” or a red “07” historic car licence plate are
exempt from the emissions labelling regulation and do not require a sticker to access low-emission
zones.
This exemption applies also to foreign-registered historic cars. However, the vehicles should meet
equivalent standards as the vehicles qualifying for a German “H” or red “07” licence plate. As a prerequisite,
the vehicles must be at least 30 years old. And they have to be well-preserved. Inappropriate
conversions will not be accepted – unless coeval modifications.
The international FIVA Identity Card (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) is further evidence
for a foreign-registered car qualifying as a historic vehicle. The FIVA Identity Card can be obtained
from the national FIVA clubs. For further information, please visit www.fiva.org.
When parking their historic vehicles in a low-emission zone, the owners should visibly display on the
inside of the windscreen a copy of the national vehicle registration certificate indicating the vehicle’s
age, and, if applicable, the FIVA Identity Card.

Only 25.5 years to go for my S60

The Following User Says Thank You to GMcL For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:51   #9
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
The German people love their old cars so have made allowances for this:

Unrestricted access for historic vehicles
Historic vehicles registered in Germany and carrying an “H” or a red “07” historic car licence plate are
exempt from the emissions labelling regulation and do not require a sticker to access low-emission
zones.
This exemption applies also to foreign-registered historic cars. However, the vehicles should meet
equivalent standards as the vehicles qualifying for a German “H” or red “07” licence plate. As a prerequisite,
the vehicles must be at least 30 years old. And they have to be well-preserved. Inappropriate
conversions will not be accepted – unless coeval modifications.
The international FIVA Identity Card (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) is further evidence
for a foreign-registered car qualifying as a historic vehicle. The FIVA Identity Card can be obtained
from the national FIVA clubs. For further information, please visit www.fiva.org.
When parking their historic vehicles in a low-emission zone, the owners should visibly display on the
inside of the windscreen a copy of the national vehicle registration certificate indicating the vehicle’s
age, and, if applicable, the FIVA Identity Card.

Only 25.5 years to go for my S60
Thanks, and only 8 years to go for my 780.....
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's