Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 b3p

Views : 1355

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2022, 19:04   #11
simonb82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
If you are looking at an R Design car, it will not be the 7 speed DCT gearbox, it will be the 8 speed torque converter.
The DCT only came in with the MY23 cars i.e. Core, Plus and Ultimate designations.
That’s what I’d assumed too then I looked at some early 2022 B3 cars on the Volvo used car site and while they’re still momentum/r-design etc they do have the DCT or at least the site lists them as having it
simonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 19:21   #12
simonb82

What are peoples experience with the standard R-Design suspension. Is it too firm?
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 19:52   #13
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb82 View Post
What are peoples experience with the standard R-Design suspension. Is it too firm?
Too firm compared to what? Levels of comfort and ride quality are very subjective and what one person finds too stiff or uncomfortable, another will be more than happy with.
As an example, the Ohlins suspension fitted on my XC60 Recharge PE has been classed as too firm many times by the regular Volvo purchaser (which is why the latest version is noticeably softer than my earlier PE car) but for me, who is used to very firm riding performance oriented cars, I find it fine and it rides alot better than my other car.
So from my perspective, the R-Design suspension is too soft rather than too firm.

What context are you wanting it compared to?

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 19:05   #14
simonb82

That’s a good question so it’s going to be a family car so want the ride to be smooth enough for the kids. I previously had an M-Sport 3 series and that was a bit too firm but the the SUV I changed to seems to be soft and wallowy
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 19:13   #15
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb82 View Post
That’s a good question so it’s going to be a family car so want the ride to be smooth enough for the kids. I previously had an M-Sport 3 series and that was a bit too firm but the the SUV I changed to seems to be soft and wallowy
Given the 2 cars you are comparing it to, it should be a good middle ground between the 2. It wont be as firm as the M-Sport but nowhere near as soft and wallowy as whichever SUV you are currently in.
Unless going for any of the Polestar Engineered cars, nothing that Volvo do is truly sporty. The R-Design 'Sport' suspension just means that it wont tip over going round a corner with any speed rather than its going to rattle your fillings out.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 15:46   #16
neilgorin

Ride changes with miles quite a bit too.

My V60 (inscription) was overly firm when new compared to my previous V70 which had been soft when new and was like a boat when it went at 4 years / 90k miles. The V60 is now quite soft at speed now it's reached the same mileage. From memory I found it took a good year for both the seats to soften up and the ride to become compliant, so that would be 25000 miles or more.
neilgorin is offline   Reply With Quote