Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New engine mount makes all the difference

Views : 25339

Replies : 114

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2018, 11:12   #91
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
Balls, was hoping for a reply last night but never mind

I wasn't sure if the eBay ones were cheaper knock offs after reading a few comments about them on the US forums. I think all my mounts need replacing as the engine shaking (see video in my coolant thread) is pretty bad.

Are there any after market mounts that are better than Volvo for the left/right upper mounts?
I am still not convinced what I got by ordering that mount from Ebay - came from US, looks exactly like on photo (harsh cut and CNCed metal with rubber inside) with no "FORD" stamps whatsoever, but to my understanding - thats what everyone is getting no matter what. You can browse other auctions and find "OEM FORD" parts even with ford box but I have no clue whether you are getting the same part or aftermarket one anyway.
I can only conirm mine goes now 2nd year with no problems and still no signs of wear&tear (36k miles now) and had cost me around 60e inc delivery.

upper mounts - you are best going with OEM ones, but you can upgrade the under-battery one from old type (if you have it) to new, hydraulic one, using OEM upgrade kit (apx 100e), thats what I am doing in next month.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 11:16   #92
FunkyMelon
Master Member

The CNC in the pictures of the Pumaspeed one doesn't look so bad but I guess we'll see tomorrow when I take delivery of it.

I'll get some Volvo mounts on order for the rest, thanks.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 11:23   #93
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
The CNC in the pictures of the Pumaspeed one doesn't look so bad but I guess we'll see tomorrow when I take delivery of it.

I'll get some Volvo mounts on order for the rest, thanks.
Share some photos when you get it, if you dont mind. Im wondering if there are any actual p/n marks stamped on yours.
thanks
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 11:07   #94
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Just taken delivery of this at work.

Looks the same as the others people have got. Not sure if there is any difference in bushing quality but the CNC certainly looks the same as the eBay ones.

P/N - MK6068/CM5Z-6068A

'MADE IN CHINA'

Can this be fitted yourself easily enough or is it best to get a garage to do it?
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 14:06   #95
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
J...
Can this be fitted yourself easily enough or is it best to get a garage to do it?
Yep, looks same as mine.

Cant answer on fitting as I had my Indie doing it, but it took him 20 mins and not much complaining so I think its pretty easy (with right tools)
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 18:30   #96
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Well I got this fitted this evening.

Shifting up is now silky smooth, however when changing down quickly the knock is still there so I assume I've got another knackered mount somewhere. Time to get the wallet out again.
Old Apr 10th, 2020, 16:01   #97
Limonge

Hello, I am looking to fit it in a C30 D5 auto (AW55-50), from what I've read there's no engine mount in AW55-50 D5, but I'd be buying the brace number 31277998 and then the CM5Z-6068-A. Do you know if it will fit?
Limonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2020, 11:11   #98
PCW8256

I am in the same boat here. I've not been able to see any form of mount for my gearbox sadly so hoping on a reply to get some info on parts as I get some clunking myself.
PCW8256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2020, 18:00   #99
diogogaspar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Timebandit, the lower engine torque mount is not sold here in the UK over the counter as it is meant for the Electric Ford Focus. I did try a Ford dealer but they were absolutely useless unless I was able to supply them a registration number that they could pull up on their system (obviously I didn't have this).

It was only after a little research into the torque mounts I came across a lot of the American Focus ST/RS forums going on about this E-Focus mount. Once I managed to obtain the part number I embarked on my quest to get hold of one, in the end I had to resort to importing one from the USA.

If you see my post (#55) on the previous page - LINKY! you will see pictures of the mount and you can see the part number too.

E-Focus mount part numbers:

CM58-6P082-BA - Engineering Part Number
CM5Z-6068-A - Ford Service Part Number

The part cost me £53 GBP and that included the delivery, I then had a small amount of import tax to pay on top of this but cost me less than £65 GBP all in. When I got round to fitting it was a very easy and quick job to do with basic tools.

You can get the mount from places such as this - LINKY!

Funny enough, if you type in the Engineering Part Number on ebay.co.uk, it shows listings for Focus Mk3 2.0 ST and judging by the pictures looks exactly like the e-Focus torque mount

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-2-0...-/163689576035

If you type the e-Focus part nr it doesn’t display any results and shows united state sellers (or china mock ups)

Are they the same? E-Focus and 2.0 ST/ 2.3 RS?
diogogaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diogogaspar For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2020, 00:34   #100
daniel84uk

Just changed mine on my 130k c30. Damn, the grabby clutch issue has almost completely gone. I only used a cheap aftermarket £9 standard design one too Im tempted to try the efocus one next.
daniel84uk is offline   Reply With Quote