Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is it a sellers’ market for Volvo?

Views : 4161

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2021, 09:37   #11
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthejungle View Post
yes it is a sellers market. i have missed out on few cars by being half a day late after seeing the car on autotrader...saw one today, have paid a refundable deposit. fingers crossed the car is the right one??!!
Good luck with mate
I did exactly the same. I secured car with deposit went 2.5h to check and here i am with 1 year old v90. I got all that i was looking for. Happy frim car like never before 😉
Chudy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chudy85 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 10:57   #12
ThomasC91

I have never thought of Volvo as a 'seller's market'. I also don't think it is considered a premier brand as much as BMW and Mercedes. This adds to the, somewhat, appeal for me.

I don't go for what is trending, but what I like and my last three cars have been Volvos. From an aesthetically pleasing aspect, I don't find much comes close.

Maybe things have changed very recently as you see more Volvos about with Volvos XCs.

Having the S90, which for me, is the most underrated car ever... it's just a dream. Comfort, speed and economy for such a beast of a car.
ThomasC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 19:34   #13
amadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC91 View Post
I have never thought of Volvo as a 'seller's market'. I also don't think it is considered a premier brand as much as BMW and Mercedes. This adds to the, somewhat, appeal for me.

I don't go for what is trending, but what I like and my last three cars have been Volvos. From an aesthetically pleasing aspect, I don't find much comes close.

Maybe things have changed very recently as you see more Volvos about with Volvos XCs.

Having the S90, which for me, is the most underrated car ever... it's just a dream. Comfort, speed and economy for such a beast of a car.
I’d agree - Volvo isn’t “as premium” in the sense of luxury and performance as the Germans although I think they’re better looking and more understated.

It’s definitely still hotting up - WBAC is +£500 more than last week. Now the question is to pull my CrossClimates off and sell or leave them on and sell the Conti’s the car came with.
Old Jun 7th, 2021, 08:19   #14
mannyo1221

I bought my late 66 Reg V90 inscription during the last lockdown, which has a a few nice extras including panoramic roof and 28K on the clock for well less than 19K. Today there are none on Autotrader sub 19K.

In fact, back during lockdown a national search on autotrader for sub 19K V90s of all trim levels came back with around 60 results. Today that figure is 23, and they are mostly momentum trim with high mileage.
Old Jun 7th, 2021, 12:39   #15
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo1221 View Post
I bought my late 66 Reg V90 inscription during the last lockdown, which has a a few nice extras including panoramic roof and 28K on the clock for well less than 19K. Today there are none on Autotrader sub 19K.

In fact, back during lockdown a national search on autotrader for sub 19K V90s of all trim levels came back with around 60 results. Today that figure is 23, and they are mostly momentum trim with high mileage.
All inscription trim are sold so fast. I got my V90 (69) Inscription Plus with 11k on the clock for 25k now they give me more for part exchange than i paid for . I bought it less then 2 months ago
Chudy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 21:02   #16
lordofthejungle

Sorry if I repeated this elsewhere. But in context. I did get the XC90 for 25k. Slightly higher mileage but got 3 years main dealer warranty. I am now, less than a week in, seeing same spec but lot higher mileage cars at 30k!!!!!!!!! Nuts - I could wash it and put it back on market and make a few k’s!!! Not going to do it as this particular car has B&W, I am not seeing any cars with that sub 30k....are we going through a Tulip situation )
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 21:36   #17
anotherv60
Master Member

I just booked my XC40 in for its second service (at a different dealer to the one I bought it from) and they asked if I wasn't interested in selling it to them! Was amazed as its worth a few thousand more than the PCP outstanding amount!
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 22:11   #18
XCRoman90

2nd hand prices have shot up especially those with lots of extra spec as supply of good cars is so tight...I sold mine to a Volvo dealer today - December value would have been lucky to sell for 28K..they have already put it on for 40K! Luckily I had a new car on order due to be collected tomorrow so have done quite well out of this but wouldn't want to be in a position where I would be looking to buy/order new/used.
XCRoman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 12:32   #19
bluey_xc90

Been watching this with interest - was looking at 1-3 year old xc90's and could see trending upwards in price from feb. In the end ordered a new xc90 r-design which has a build date of next tuesday so should get it at the end of the month.

The price I am paying for it exactly to my specs is now less than some year old cars! Managed a 22% discount and cheaper finance than used...
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 16:25   #20
Bluenose129

Default XC60 Sold to Volvo

Moving to BMW so was offered part x on my XC60. Contacted my dealer and they bought my car back for £3.5K more than BMW offered.