Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New owner. Volvo v40 D2 se 2013

Views : 3036

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 22:27   #1
Volvov402013

Default New owner. Volvo v40 D2 se 2013

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if I am using this correct as I am not just a newbie to Volvos. But a newbie to forums in general.

I would like some help if it’s not to trouble:

I have just bought a Volvo v40 D2 se 2013.

I am looking online and I can see that it should have satellite navigation. But there is no print on the button where it is suppose to be, the button clicks but nothing.

Further more there is no camera on the screen When it reverses and no beeping noise when reversing.

Could someone please help with this. Am I right in thinking that this should be fitted as standard? Is there something I need to do?
Volvov402013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:04   #2
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvov402013 View Post
Hello everyone.

I don’t know if I am using this correct as I am not just a newbie to Volvos. But a newbie to forums in general.

I would like some help if it’s not to trouble:

I have just bought a Volvo v40 D2 se 2013.

I am looking online and I can see that it should have satellite navigation. But there is no print on the button where it is suppose to be, the button clicks but nothing.

Further more there is no camera on the screen When it reverses and no beeping noise when reversing.

Could someone please help with this. Am I right in thinking that this should be fitted as standard? Is there something I need to do?
There's four different trim levels, which are; ES, SE, SE Lux & R Design.

There's also "NAV" versions of each trim level - These are the one that will have satellite navigation as standard.

Your trim level (SE) doesn't have satellite navigation, parking sensors or a reversing camera fitted as standard. These are either extra options on certain models, or standard on some of the top end ones.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:08   #3
Volvov402013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
There's four different trim levels, which are; ES, SE, SE Lux & R Design.

There's also "NAV" versions of each trim level - These are the one that will have satellite navigation as standard.

Your trim level (SE) doesn't have satellite navigation, parking sensors or a reversing camera fitted as standard. These are either extra options on certain models, or standard on some of the top end ones.
Thank you so much for getting in touch. And giving me this information. I was sending myself crazy thinking something was wrong.

I just find it so strange how there is no beeping noise when I’m reversing. Is this normal or would you sAy something is broken?

Thanks again
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:10   #4
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for getting in touch. And giving me this information. I was sending myself crazy thinking something was wrong.

I just find it so strange how there is no beeping noise when I’m reversing. Is this normal or would you sAy something is broken?

Thanks again
Parking sensors aren't standard on all trim levels... your car might not have them?

Have a look at the front & rear bumpers. You'll see the sensors...

If you don't see any sensors, then your car hasn't got them. It doesn't sound like it has sat nav or a reversing camera either, so I think you're assuming your car has these options as standard when it doesn't.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 7th, 2021 at 23:13.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:14   #5
Volvov402013

Quote:
Parking sensors aren't standard on all trim levels... your car might not have them?

Have a look at the front & rear bumpers. You'll see the sensors...
Hi. What would they look like. I’m so sorry I sound stupid but I’m really not a car guy I don’t know what I’m looking for.

I just assumed that the se 2013 would come with things like this as standard as all the information I have seen online has these things and all the write up seems to be the same. I just didn’t know what I was looking for when I went and picked it up.

Is it normal for there to be buttons that press in on the panel but have no logos or do anything when you press then? Wouldn’t they just be solid buttons if they wasn’t supposed to be pressed?
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:27   #6
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi. What would they look like. I’m so sorry I sound stupid but I’m really not a car guy I don’t know what I’m looking for.

I just assumed that the se 2013 would come with things like this as standard as all the information I have seen online has these things and all the write up seems to be the same. I just didn’t know what I was looking for when I went and picked it up.

Is it normal for there to be buttons that press in on the panel but have no logos or do anything when you press then? Wouldn’t they just be solid buttons if they wasn’t supposed to be pressed?
As I said, not all models have parking sensors, reversing cameras & satellite navigation as standard. You need to be buying the higher end of the spectrum for that, like the SE Lux Nav version. Your car is an SE... its not as well equipped.

I think you may be reading specs of higher trim level than yours, which is making you think that your car should have it as standard... this isn't the case.

As for parking sensors, they just look like little circles on the bumpers. Also, if you have sensors, you should see a button on the centre console with "P" on it.

With regards to the buttons that have no logos on them... they're just spare buttons for cars that have extra features (like the higher trim models). As your car is an SE spec, a lot of those buttons are of no use & mean nothing. Only use the buttons with the logos on.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 7th, 2021 at 23:33.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:33   #7
Volvov402013

Quote:
As I said, not all models have parking sensors, reversing cameras & satellite navigation as standard. You need to be buying the higher end of the spectrum for that, like the SE Lux Nav version. Your car is an SE... its not as well equipped.

I think you may be reading specs of higher trim level than yours, which is making you think that your car should have it as standard... this isn't the case.

As for parking sensors, they just look like little circles on the bumpers. Also, if you have sensors, you should see a button on the centre console with "P" on it.
Well I defiantly do not have this button. Do you know if this is something that I can install to the computer system if the car?

Like there is a USB port and I’m pretty unsure what it’s for?

Again. Really appreciate your help and advice.

All the best
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:36   #8
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Well I defiantly do not have this button. Do you know if this is something that I can install to the computer system if the car?

Like there is a USB port and I’m pretty unsure what it’s for?

Again. Really appreciate your help and advice.

All the best
The USB port can be used to plug your phone charger in, or any other device that requires a USB connection.

You can get parking sensors installed to the car if you really want them. Volvo can do it for you (you'd have to pay obviously) or you may be able to find a shop that fits them. You can also get a reversing camera installed too.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:38   #9
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Kev has pretty much covered it, but I've replied elsewhere... https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...19#post2726719
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 23:40   #10
Volvov402013

Quote:
The USB port can be used to plug your phone charger in, or any other device that requires a USB connection.

You can get parking sensors installed to the car if you really want them. Volvo can do it for you (you'd have to pay obviously) or you may be able to find a shop that fits them. You can also get a reversing camera installed too.
So would this be why there are buttons without icons that you can press but nothing happened. For if you did want to upgrade the computer system they could be functional?

Tags
v40, v40 d2