Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13304

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 10th, 2021, 23:51   #51
PaulWilliams78

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and my my22 xc90 r-design is scheduled to be built next Tuesday, 15th June. As far as I know it is including the 360 cameras on it as have not been informed otherwise - they are now removed on any promotional material online due to shortages.

Due to be ready for end of the month, so getting excited
I'm delighted for you! Surely you would have been told by now if you couldn't get everything you ordered, so I would say, you're well on your way to picking up your new car soon.

I received an email from Volvo UK at 0900 on Monday 7th June and at 1010 I received an email from my dealership telling me my car has just rolled off the production line and passed all post production checks.

It is now due between 13th-19th June.

I've ordered a ton of accessories and find myself looking on youtube for in depth reviews of the MY2022 V90, but as of yet, nothing much there.

Please let me know if you get any further updates.
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 00:02   #52
PaulWilliams78

I've been contacted today by my dealership.

My car has been delivered, it is now being prepped with Autoglym Lifeshine and I can collect on Thursday at 2pm!!!!

I am super excited and will post pics, hopefully on same day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 12:50   #53
Boleuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
I've been contacted today by my dealership.

My car has been delivered, it is now being prepped with Autoglym Lifeshine and I can collect on Thursday at 2pm!!!!

I am super excited and will post pics, hopefully on same day.
I had hoped I was a few days behind your order but just had a message to say my V60 is delayed until the end of june now.
Boleuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 09:24   #54
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boleuge View Post
I had hoped I was a few days behind your order but just had a message to say my V60 is delayed until the end of june now.
That's annoying. You never know, it could still come through earlier. My ETD changed twice at the very end.

My fingers are crossed for you
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 11:40   #55
bluey_xc90

Haven't had an email yet to say my xc90 has been built - was led to believe was tuesday this week.. but had an email stating not long till behind the wheel of it so hoping built very shortly....
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 11:50   #56
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Haven't had an email yet to say my xc90 has been built - was led to believe was tuesday this week.. but had an email stating not long till behind the wheel of it so hoping built very shortly....
I received the same email about 7 days before receiving a second similar email, telling me to prepare for my new Volvo. The same day as receiving the second email, the dealership told me it had just rolled off the production line.

The ETD was brought forward from the 28th June to the 15th which is when the dealership took delivery of it.

Going to pick it up in a couple of hours!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 00:03   #57
PaulWilliams78

I can't believe my luck.

I arrived at the dealership at 2pm to collect the car. Went through all the paperwork and it came time to see the car.

All went well, the car was brought around the front of the dealership and I was blown away. The manager then came to me and said, he can't let me take the car as an issue has arisen. I thought he was joking. He wasn't.

It turned out the car was not being recognised correctly by the registration process at the factory and so until it is, the car can't be taxed correctly and wouldn't be legally allowed on the roads.

They say they will resolve the issue ASAP but it could go into next week.

So, no new car yet. ;(
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 15:48   #58
bluey_xc90

That is crazy.. gutted for you...! Hopefully gets sorted soon enough
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 17:15   #59
Mm1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
I can't believe my luck.

I arrived at the dealership at 2pm to collect the car. Went through all the paperwork and it came time to see the car.

All went well, the car was brought around the front of the dealership and I was blown away. The manager then came to me and said, he can't let me take the car as an issue has arisen. I thought he was joking. He wasn't.

It turned out the car was not being recognised correctly by the registration process at the factory and so until it is, the car can't be taxed correctly and wouldn't be legally allowed on the roads.

They say they will resolve the issue ASAP but it could go into next week.

So, no new car yet. ;(
Wow that is ridiculously deflating. I had the wrong number plate on my car when I picked it up last month as someone keyed in one letter wrong... luckily I spotted it and didn't get pulled over.

My most deflating moment on my journey to getting my car was in March when someone at the dealership phoned me up saying my car had arrived and it was ready only to call me later that day to say they had the wrong order number and the car that arrived wasn't even the same model!

I'm not sure if this is Volvo specific or typical of most dealerships?
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 10:49   #60
bluey_xc90

Just been informed by dealer car has come off production line and will be here at the end of next week...a few days later than expected but avoided all the issues with semi conductor shortages...