Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your 850/X70 today???

Views : 147767

Replies : 929

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2021, 12:40   #631
Derek UK
VOC Member

Cookeh's got £2.5k to spend, he might not be going anywhere even though he says he will have some parts for sale. Perhaps moving to P2?
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2021, 16:27   #632
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Actually got to see it for the first time

A few unexpected issues, especially given the lofty price tag, but overall I'm a very happy bunny!

RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2021, 21:34   #633
Cookeh
Premier Member

I've already bought its replacement, alas, and its not a Volvo. I'm afraid I went back to my roots, lightweight, NA, revvy, and Jap... I'll keep poking my nose in though, and proffering my unwanted opinions

I'll probably end up in something Swedish again the future, though salt will probably be priced out of P80s by then.

Loving the parking pole on your new R, by the way. Your rear-only deflectors also match my new car
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 10:44   #634
Clogs
Clogs

Default Interior lights stay on - but solved

One door - nearside back - had a faulty switch. The interior lights failed to go out after locking the car. With the zapper the amber lights flash once when locking... except they didn't. Checking all the doors when open by closing the catch as if the lock was closed, which should switch off the red warning light in the door. One door wouldn't do this. The switch fix in Haynes manual is a "dealer fix", but try spraying with WD40. Tried that a couple of times - didn't work, after letting it soak in for a while.

Better stuff is WD40 Silicon spray... that works! Problem solved, interior lights go out and amber lights flash once on locking.
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clogs For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 12:25   #635
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Still waiting for my service parts to arrive from FRF, so what do you do? Buy more parts lol.

This time it was some electrical connector pins of varying sizes so that I can plug my dashcam into the yellow accessory socket under the dash. Next day delivery with Amazon The dashcam is already in situ, I just need the pins to finish the installation. As I'm using the correct hard wiring kit, I'll be able to set the camera to 'park' mode, which means that any knocks to the car while its parked (ignition off) will result in 30 seconds before and after the knock being recorded and retained - handy for identifying drivers/cars that reverse into you in a car park and drive off!

I've also fitted my newly acquired SC-901 radio into the car (thanks again Tony), replacing the Japanese spec SC-836 which has limited FM radio coverage due to Japan using different radio frequencies for their FM radio stations. The 901 sounds superb, I'm very happy with that!
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 21:56   #636
wagonwheels

Getting carried away with my old daily tdi smoker,
Suspension,wheels(4th set), leather interior,decat,map,R bumper,eggcrate,new lights,belts etc etc etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210603_180011.jpg (386.9 KB, 20 views)
1989 240glt
1994 940 d24
wagonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wagonwheels For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 09:06   #637
Ninjabob81

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonwheels View Post
Getting carried away with my old daily tdi smoker,
Suspension,wheels(4th set), leather interior,decat,map,R bumper,eggcrate,new lights,belts etc etc etc
Looks bang on that does!! Good to know theres some other modified diesels on here. 👍🏻
Ninjabob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjabob81 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 14:36   #638
oblark

That's the wings and the bonnet ready for primer just the bumper to go.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GTUx2dn1A3477oSE8

1996 850 AWD M4.4 ECU with COP`s, K24 turbo, 3.25" MAF,
oblark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 10:31   #639
Clogs
Clogs

Default Replaced Upper Engine Mount after bolt hexs rounded

One bolt's flats were a bit rounded already and it had to be the one that wouldn't come undone. I got a Grip-Tite metric set of sockets from the USA. That took a month to get here, but with a breaker bar the bolt came undone quite easily. The bolt was slightly corroded inside.

Bolted all the bits back - but not too tight as it's steel into aluminium.

Grip-Tite sockets work on the flats of the bolt, not the edges like ordinary sockets, and will be handy for other bolts which haven't ever been undone on a 22 year old car and are slightly corroded inside and made of soft metal.
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clogs For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 12:43   #640
Jamesdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
Still waiting for my service parts to arrive from FRF, so what do you do? Buy more parts lol.

This time it was some electrical connector pins of varying sizes so that I can plug my dashcam into the yellow accessory socket under the dash. Next day delivery with Amazon The dashcam is already in situ, I just need the pins to finish the installation. As I'm using the correct hard wiring kit, I'll be able to set the camera to 'park' mode, which means that any knocks to the car while its parked (ignition off) will result in 30 seconds before and after the knock being recorded and retained - handy for identifying drivers/cars that reverse into you in a car park and drive off!

I've also fitted my newly acquired SC-901 radio into the car (thanks again Tony), replacing the Japanese spec SC-836 which has limited FM radio coverage due to Japan using different radio frequencies for their FM radio stations. The 901 sounds superb, I'm very happy with that!
Could you kindly link me to the correct connectors you bought? I had this problem before and spliced in a new connector in the end as I couldn't find the pins anywhere! This was a while ago though.