Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2015 Volvo XC70 Alarm system service required

Views : 6584

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2021, 11:07   #11
Christerart
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Annoyingly I got sporadic error messages back again. Thinking that the circuit board may be the issue, I ordered a used siren module for £20. No further errors 2 weeks later - so even if the circuit board looks good, it may not just be the battery causing the problem!
Where did you get the used siren module?
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 15:18   #12
Stu B
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christerart View Post
Where did you get the used siren module?
I’m not the original poster, but did similar recently and got a used siren via a breaker on eBay which was from a 2016 Range Rover sport as I recall, £20.

There’s a few pics of how to replace it on my thread here if it helps

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=302878&page=7
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 18:31   #13
Tonofbricks

I had exactly the same issues and fix as OP. Bought 2 used sirens off eBay, in case 1 didn’t work. 1 was a Mazda, the other was Jaguar, all fomoco parts.

Swapped over, error disappeared and all working great for £11 outlay.

My 2014 car had the siren under the passenger side inner wheel arch bolted to the strut.
Tonofbricks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonofbricks For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 14:31   #14
Christerart
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Annoyingly I got sporadic error messages back again. Thinking that the circuit board may be the issue, I ordered a used siren module for £20. No further errors 2 weeks later - so even if the circuit board looks good, it may not just be the battery causing the problem!
I just had that message on my 2005 XC70. Can you tell me where you got the used siren?
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 14:49   #15
Baffler
Premier Member

Since the recent cold snap I've been getting the alarm service required message, random alarm sounding and hazard lamps flashing. Tried a long four hour drive recently, which appeared to have sorted it, but it's still doing it.

I'll get a battery ordered for it but, in the meantime, do any of you know off hand where and which fuse it is so I can at least stop it from waking the neighbours?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 16:04   #16
Tatsfield
Premier Member

The siren unit is not supposed to be repairable but the usual fault is just that the standby battery has failed. The unit is not made to be easily opened but with care you can open it and find the battery and then go online and buy a battery with the same specification and fit it and reseal the unit case. That would cost you about £10 while the unit is not worth buying second hand because you cannot depend upon the batteries having much life left in them and new ones are much more expensive.

This is a YouTube video on how to do the job. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...CMZFGg_fb0EEtf
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 15:21   #17
Baffler
Premier Member

Thanks for that, Tatsfield, and my apologies, I was against the clock yesterday and simply too lazy to check the user manual. I had seen SiRobb's very informative video before but I should add that the car is still under warranty from the seller, until end of March, so if it continues I will try and see if I can get it replaced whilst still under warranty when it goes in for a service soon.

According to the online Volvo manual, early 2015 V70, the fuse location for the siren (and Data Link Connector, OBDII) is no. 16 located in the control module under the glovebox. I tried removing it after work this morning but the alarm is still sounding when triggered via the drivers window

Like I said this all started during and after the recent cold snap, the car isn't being driven a great deal, with relatively short daily commutes so the main and support batteries probably haven't received sufficient charge. I'll have to get the CTEK to both batteries and hope that sorts it.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2023, 18:25   #18
Lyonsy

Hi I have this same problem on my 2016 v60 d2 r design, I’ve looked on EBay for a new siren as mine was corroded on the terminals , there are lots of cars ford , Land Rover ect and the sirens all look the same cami use these do you think ?
Also some other Volvos other than my model but also look exactly the same could I use these? Thanks 😊
Lyonsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, b1d1787, battery, repair, siren