Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Scratch Repair

Views : 1358

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 10th, 2021, 02:01   #11
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Attached pic of damage.
To be fair, doing a local on a bumper is far easier than on a body part, you can get away with more on a bumper, to me, your damage on the edge of the bumper like that is one of the easiest locals one could perform, for me that is. Thats why £120 is a good price, for the OP, more paint would prob need to be used, espesh if the person doing the local couldnt keep it that local and needed to blend into neighbouring panels.

I am sure £120 was what Chips Away used to charge but then im going back to around 2010... lol

Sorry OP, not sure RE videos, just search on YT for wing chip touch up, try this one, you can skip a lot of it though as hes doing lots of chips lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9zqVbcZDQ
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 10:56   #12
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge

OK, I'll be fair and supply some positive to my local "Chips Away" franchisee!

I had a scrape on a front bumper corner (not really my fault - the wall pulled out without indicating).

Coincidentally, my nighbour has a slight bumper scrape as well!

Between us, we got the local "Chips-Away" to do both jobs. He was interesting to talk to; explained just how easily they could lose a franchise through complaints and then got on with the job(s).

When he did my car (what bumper scrape?), he noticed another slight mark (no dent) on the driver's side rear door and offered to just do that as he had some of the paint mixed. 10 minutes later... what slight mark? And he didn't charge for it.

And my neighbour was equally happy with the 'fix' on her car.

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 12:59   #13
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheancient View Post
OK, I'll be fair and supply some positive to my local "Chips Away" franchisee!

I had a scrape on a front bumper corner (not really my fault - the wall pulled out without indicating).

Coincidentally, my nighbour has a slight bumper scrape as well!

Between us, we got the local "Chips-Away" to do both jobs. He was interesting to talk to; explained just how easily they could lose a franchise through complaints and then got on with the job(s).

When he did my car (what bumper scrape?), he noticed another slight mark (no dent) on the driver's side rear door and offered to just do that as he had some of the paint mixed. 10 minutes later... what slight mark? And he didn't charge for it.

And my neighbour was equally happy with the 'fix' on her car.
I agree, some of the lads from Chips Away do a good job, i know the guy from the Corby area, he is good, thats if hes still doing it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: